Online headshop vs. local headshop

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by apridefulstoner, Dec 27, 2016.

1. So I was gonna type like a paragraph long response to someone about getting their first bong and how important it is to really get a piece you think you'll really enjoy. Me personally, I feel like going to a local store and looking at physical glass is a must. I'm way too nervous about buying a bong through the web, and was really just wondering what y'all as a community think about beginners buying glass online instead of going to a headshop, especially since the buyer really can't examine the piece to see if it's to their liking. Also, this is my first thread, so if you feel like this should be in another area of the forum let me know so I can move it asap. Smoke on brothers!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Well you know we all think alike . ....aren't you nervous walking out of the local headshops and on cameras
    and FYI you can't move posts around

3. Online is great when your buying from a known and well respected glass company like illidelph or möbius. There's a little risk about truly loving the style but you know the quality will be there.

For the rest, like spoons and Sherlocks you should really head out in person and check out what you want. The best reason is there you can find small runs by great local artists.. Pacific Northwest is great for that.

4. Always good to go to a local head shop and see what they have. If they are knowledgeable and you can learn a thing or two that is a plus.

Once you know what you want you can probably find it a little cheaper online.

This one headshop I found though will sell glass cheaper than I can buy online. He even mentioned to check auqualabs if I wanted to. Some stores I've gone into, especially when I used to vape juice, if you mentioned the word fasttech there would be a chance they kick you out. Fast tech is just a cheap over seas knockoff vaporizer retailer. Other words they were scared to loose any business to an online website, basically because they were marking up too high for their customers.

You find a good shop you'll be satisfied. The shops that sell you knockoff glass for a premium price ruin it for all the good ones out there.

And any good local headshop will offer you discounts if you ask.

I got a 1250$ bong for 1000$, plus got an extra 50$ glass slide last week (sovereignty stemline to 12 arm)

5. On the one hand I much prefer to buy locally, because I'd rather support a small local shop than some online multinational box pusher. Also buying locally is often cheaper for me, as I get a discount for being a regular.

That said, I am in the EU, I have consumer law protecting me up the wazoo. So if I order something online, I have a 14 day no-questions-allowed-by-law grace period in which I can send stuff back and expect a full refund, including all postage.

As for being seen going into a headshop, I don't care. My family and friends know I'm a stoner. My boss knows it as well, as I have brought in quite a few local headshops, smartshops and coffeeshops as customers for our printshop. So long as I show up less than half an hour late and sober, and I bring in customers with good money. The boss is perfectly happy.

6. I've been toking for a couple years now so I'm no expert but I love glass lol. I got a couple beauties in my collection and I really like some of the stuff online but I don't know if I'll make the commitment anytime soon. I just thought this would be a good topic because I know when I was shopping for my first piece I was surfing the web for hoursssss lmao. Just wanted to know y'alls opinions. Smoke on!

7. aren't you nervous walking out of the local headshops and on cameras

I'm not underage if that's what you're assuming lol on my 18th birthday I was so determined to get a bowl for myself so I didn't have to use the homie's all the time but didn't see anything I liked so I just settled on papers. Glad I did, cause I LOVE my first piece (a rad, simple Sherlock bubbler that my friend said is chambered cause it has a carb hole but doesn't work for shit) but no I'm not some kid looking for advice I just thought this would be a cool topic for people to talk about. Sorry for the confusion lol