One

Discussion in 'General' started by IwasA.Smurf, Nov 21, 2010.

1. #1 IwasA.Smurf, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    concept or concrete

Is there only 1? In other words, define one. I'm struggling with this.

Is one something we created? or is it something that exists. Is it a measurement of the random?

For example, a second is the SI unit of time.

a second is measured by duration of 9,192,631,770 periods in the caesium 133 atom.
    [​IMG]

2. Mind

Blown

'cause I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about

3. Im real drunk, but I have a feeling if I was sober I still have no fucking idea what you are talking about:

1 = 1 to many shots of jack tonight :laughing:

4. wait, wait. wait what? :confused:

5. iM DRUNK AS FUCK. one= 1 = 0ne = 3-2= One=ONE=ONe=OnE

6. To answer your question:

7. The loneliest number?

8. If the number one boggles your mind, think about the number zero:

[​IMG]

9. This should shed some insight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjQGt7WjK0]YouTube - One - Apocalyptica[/ame]

10. one has many definitions. therefore not just one.

it can mean sole. alone. stands as the only. but if there is one then there must have been 2 or more and so its not just 1.

by itself its just 1 but its not the only. somewhere there exists another 1 that is alone as well.

even if sitting right next to each other the 2 are still just 1 and they dont exist as one unless part of each other. but if they merged together to create 1 solitary object, its not one anymore. rather those 2 solitary pieces no longer exist as the original but now make 1 completely new object.

thus evolution.

11. Like I said, 2. :p

12. Works for me.

13. its not 2. its still called 1 but the metaphysical properties of the 1 are inherently different than the original 1. the code is different. it gives off a slightly off colored aura.

a chicken is a much more complex object, but not all chickens are the same, feather for feather, but we still call them chickens.

• Like Like x 1

14. :laughing: I'll get back to you on that one. Too high for that. :smoke:

15. The sign of a great post is if the reader is left unsure of who is stupid; the person who posted it, or himself.

Well played, sir.

Well played.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Since the one is written on the bottom part of the 1 it is 1/one therefore 1=one yeah its late

17. The simplest thought like the concept of the number one has an elaborate logical underpinning

18. Um... EVERYTHING IS ONE whooooooaaaaaaa whoa whoa whooooOOOOAaaaaa

19. after reading the the article SJ posted in Science and nature about the universe not having a beginning or end

This makes sense :)