One thing that bothers me about GC

Discussion in 'General' started by XVIPimp, Mar 18, 2009.

1. This isn't going to be the popular opinion on these boards, but it really bothers me the way that abortions are talked about so casually on this site.

I know most everyone on here is liberal, and I have no problem with most liberal positions, but I've seen threads on this site talking about abortion, like it's just another medical procedure.

People have the right to choose to use birth control or not. My opinion is that life starts at conception, and aborting that life is no different than ending the life of someone outside of the womb.

Abortions should not be used as a means of birth control. It sickens me that this happens every single day, somewhere. Man up, or woman up... and take care of your responsibilities!

I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, I just wanted to voice my opinion on something I see happening too often here.

2. Agreed 100%

3. Whats your thoughts on stem-cell research?
    Is it okay to kill one person in order to save 100?

4. its not that it is good or bad, but should we not get freedom? Its the same idea as chron bro. Dont u think we should have the freedom there to? I am not agreeing or disagreeing, rather i am just playing devils advocate and pointing that out.

Happy St pat's GC

5. Not trying to start a debate my ass... Creating a thread like this IS starting a debate. No matter how you put it.

6. I agree, Everyone expressing there opinion into one subject is going to bring many arguments and debates.

7. #7 Jakigi, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    .... on that note (not directed at anyone in particular)... DEATH TO NATIONALISM!!!!!!!!1

People are dying in other parts of the world because they don't have access to safe drinking water and food. We're spending kabillions to send shit to outer space and blow shit up.

Which really compromises your ethical viewpoint on life more: [1]killing a fetus or [2]supporting a country who's success has largely come from, and continues to come from, the oppression of the rest of the world (with exception to their allies).

8. #8 Jakigi, Mar 18, 2009
    Why would you need to kill someone?

Can't they make stem cells from skin, and engineer tissue? I claim ignorance...

9. ya this will become a debate... i already disagree with everybody lol.

10. Honestly... I don't know enough about the subject to have a firm opinion.

Should I have the freedom to go out and kill other humans ? You have the draw the "freedom" line somewhere.

Maybe I was lying :p

11. You don't kill a person to get stem cell. Stem cell comes from plants or draw cells from a person/animals.

12. #12 crucialdanks303, Mar 18, 2009
    Even freedom has its limits. Theres a line between freedom and anarchy and killing i think just about crosses it. But abortion should be considered in special cases. Knowing your child is going to come into life with a life threating disease would break my heart. I couldnt be the person who let him come into this horrible judging world. My heart goes out to the parents of kids with downs and all the other mental diseases...Knowing that everybody looks at your kid a different way just because he isnt the same as you...Its a shame in this world.

Stem-cell debate,
    Those who value human life from the point of conception, oppose embryonic stem cell research because the extraction of stem cells from this type of an embryo requires its destruction. In other words, it requires that a human life be killed.

13. Don't you think a child is the mother and father's. That is their baby.

The people you would go out and kill would not be yours in anyway.

Just stimulating argument...

14. #14 xshadowshooter, Mar 18, 2009
    A fetus is not a person, that is where the distinction lies. Human beings have feelings and thoughts, as well as people they care for and people who care for them. Just because a fetus has the potential to be a human doesn't mean that it is. My sperm are living things that have the potential to be a human being, and I've been known to genocide them by the thousands on lonely nights.

THAT is why it should be up to the prospective parents and not the government. The issue, really, is defining what is human and therefore protected by our laws. I think it's clear that a fetus is not, and I think it's clear, that it should not be the government's decision AT ALL.

Also I should make it clear that no birth control is 100% effective and outlawing abortion to those who NEED it (accident / rape) is just ignorant.

15. yawn
    you lookin' to start a cry party?
    [​IMG]

i'm sure there's plenty of people who legitimately wish they were never born. BOOM! your welcome.

also, the planet is over populated with you peoples offspring already.

whatever. if you can't raise a kid you don't need to have one. plus you're talking like a 10k difference in $ which is fucked up to say, but that shit matters. you can't be 18 & have 10k in medical bills & raise a kid.. unless your amish. but a lot of people don't have any help from their freakishly large beaded families like YOU do.

so,, yeah. move to rome or something. :)

16. I don't disagree with that. If it's a rape or incest situation... I can understand. Or if it was detrimental to the life or health of the mother, I understand.

I do feel that it is the mother and fathers. That's another thing that bothers me about abortions...essentially, the mother can make the decision for both parents. I still wouldn't agree with using abortion as a means of birth control, but it would be a lot better if both the mother and the father had to consent to the termination.

Maybe not, but it is still compromising the sanctity of life. If that person wanted to be killed (and was of sound mind)... or even deserved to be killed, I could support that.

17. i agree

i dislike the idea of abortion, but ppl should have the right to do what they want.

18. I'm Pro-Choice, but I'm not a liberal, or a conservative, I don't like labels.
    But yeah, I support abortion because it's the person's choice, and stem cell.
    Not to mention I don't consider a fetus a human, I only consider something whatever it has the potential to be when it can survive in the outside world.
    But I think you should only be allowed to get one before a certain stage/trimester or whatever they're called.

19. i smell way too much ignorance in this thread, especially around stem cells. stem cells are cells that can be 'trained' to form whatever sister cell that is needed. they come from many sources, MAINLY human fetuses. NO stem cells that have human applications come from plants.

as for the OP, everyone has a differing opinion on what life is, and what to do with it. so to debate it on this forum is inane, and fucking worthless. dont even waste your time, rather spend it trying to get laid, son.

20. i dont disagree w/ them.... using them as a bc option is wrong and getting multiple abortions... everything in moderation....

what i DO disagree w/ i saw someone post on here the other day talking about abortion and used the terms "pushing the old eject button" that shit pissed me off.. it is not something to be taken lightly. its a life changing experience that women (and men alike) live with every day.