One thing I hate about myself

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Bud420, Jan 4, 2011.

1. When I get drunk I become a completely different person and I always get a long with people. The problem is after that I get their numbers and I guess im a cool person to talk to because they are always want to keep up the relationship.

There enters the problem because like I said when I am not drunk I am quiet and not really fun to hand around. I hate that I can't keep up the same energy when I am not drunk.

2. i know what you mean.. but just be yourself:)

youl change as you age i guess

3. That fun exciting person is definetly in there when you're sober, you just got to let it come out without alcohol!

4. TRUE! i shulda said that:mad:

5. Sucks doesn't it

6. Yeah but it's hard because when I am not drunk I have a whole bunch anxiety around people.

7. Just start telling yourself that there's no reason to be anxious. Make yourself believe it, get it stuck in your subconcious. If you're still feeling anxious try a variety of calming techniques until you find one that works best. If you've tried everything and you're not getting any results then you could go to a doctor.

8. I have gone to a doctor, and I just started taking medicine for the problem. But nothing helps me as much as alcohol which sucks because I don't want to become an alcoholic just to have fun or be a normal person.

9. man i feel like i have the same problem sometimes. i am kind of getting over it. Im not as anxious as i was a few years back. Im just kind of learning to go with the flow.

10. I change when I'm drunk too. I don't really like myself either.

I get loud and i feel like i'm annoying. It really puts a damper on fun when you're sitting there wondering if anyone is sick of you.

Then i always hear, "You were so funny last night, let's do it again."

I think you should just let go of your inhibitions and try to let down your guard a bit. :)

11. I wish it were that easy :(

12. You just have to realize that the person you are when you've had a few drinks is still you, just a looser version. Don't worry so much, you seem like a great dude and you're actually trying to make more friends and hold better relationships.

I think you just have to come out of your skin a little more and learn that the worst rejection can do to you is make you stronger.

13. #13 million, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
    Don't drink alcohol?

lol seriously though, you just need to embrace who you are when you're sober as well. That's you. Not everyone is this bubbly, super social person. Some people are calm and reserved. It doesn't mean they don't have some amazing personalities. I mean you're not a totally diffenrent person when you're drunk, it's just a more 'out there' version of you, but it shouldn't make you feel like a loser when you're not drunk.

14. think of yourself as a fun person. always keep that in mind

will help you more then you think

15. If you believe you are a fun person, you will be a fun person.

Just go out and do things

16. Cognitive-behavioural therapy. Read up on it and start up if it looks helpful.

17. Stay drunk; problem solved.

18. im the same way. it really does suck but when i get to know someone or am around people im comfortable around im not as shy. just learn to open up and all will be good.

19. lol if only that were an option...