one stalk sick and dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jesse55, Nov 6, 2011.

1. first i thought it was too much nutrients cause i was watering with fert every water. now have watered just water 3 times and got even worse. help appriciated

Attached Files:

2. Seems burned... It's difficult to say it just by these pictures..

Can be burned by:
    - too much heat
    - a very high dosages of nutes (EC burn)
    - a very acid soil / water

3. the top of your plant is burned like that because of the light.

the curling/clawing leaves are because of pH.

4. Alright so i need ph down or up? Its at about 6...could it be not enough nutes cause i stopped? I moved lights away

5. That's heartburn holmes

6. Advice was given; buckey is 100% right on what he said, and you can easily fix your problems off that without further input. A poster further up suggested acidic soils can cause problems; why would you want pH down then? When you think about the why and how with regards to your grow, it'll take off.
    Check the EXACT (not really, but pretty spot on) pH of your waters' run-off. You should water in with a pH of 6.3-6.8, even up to above 7, depending on your soils' acidity. 6ish is better for hydro, where the only medium to affect pH is your water and nutes. Just start watering blindly with a pH of 6.5 instead of 6 and you should get better results; if you want optimal results, you need to check the pH of your runoff, adjust the ingoing water until the runoff is a good pH (6-6.3)?. You can also amend your soils to bring its pH up, instead of relying on slightly basic waterings.
    Your leaves are forever damaged; from now on you should keep lights at a "comfortable" distance. If you can hold your hand at the plants level for 1 minute without feeling heat, its safe. If it gets hot, move the lights farther.