Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

one reason to love medical states

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by gypsiesoul, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Just got this as a little gift with my 1/8th. Anyone else ever tried Mama's Munchies? Delicioso.

ForumRunner_20120706_204128.png

2. Damn only $3 for an edible. How are they making any profit. They must just use trim or something.

3. man i have to pay much more than 3...

4. [quote name='"Purpleface"']Damn only $3 for an edible. How are they making any profit. They must just use trim or something.[/quote]

Cannabutter :smoking:

5. We realize that they used cannabutter (or oil) but what he's saying is that $3 worth of weed is like nothing. Normally they put like half a gram or a gram+ in those things (i thought) so they're more like $10 minimum. From my understanding... I live in SC though.

6. Well they probably use around 5 grams to make a batch of cupcakes. You also have to factor in the fact that he is in a medical state and the medical weed does not cost as much.

7. In WA dispensaries usually price edibles by dosage. One-Four dose edibles will range from $2-14, that I've bought.

8. Yeah, here in CO you can get a lozenge or lollipop or something weak like that for like $5. But anything worthwhile is like $10 at least.(not that I'd know, immune to edibles)

Most likely a low potency edible, but if those ~20mg THC do it for you, all the power to 'ya, you lucky bastard!

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

9. $2-14 for a four dose edible? Damn. Yeah I had no idea, that's some insane pricing. I think I'm going to go on a money-saving t break until I can move to somewhere other than the east coast. Hahah.

10. No i haven't, pero yo quierooo :yummy::smoking:

11. Most of the cheap ones don't do much in my experience. I get a $9 gingerbread that has 2.5 grams in it. They also have a $22 one but I don't know how much is in it tho. The guy behind the counter said he ate it and passed out for 15 hours haha

12. I offer this to you if you are "immune". I will give you a 500 mg edible and we will see how you fare :cool:

13. Hey man, Theres a club around the corner from my place that has a $12 4 dose brownie bar. It is seriously 4 doses and super strong. I ate a whole thing and was super medicated and passed out, even though I was going to try to stay awake, I literally couldn't.

14. [quote name='"PassTheGrass"']

I offer this to you if you are "immune". I will give you a 500 mg edible and we will see how you fare :cool:[/quote]

Bring it.

I've done two cheeba chew deca doses; two 16 dose kudu rolls; and pretty much a whole bottle of the green dragon THC/CBD elixir, which is like 1g of THC and 400mg of CBD... None of those ever did anything for me.

I'm one of like the 3-5% of the population w/no cannabinoid receptors in their GI tract. Haven't had it medically confirmed, but I'm sure of it.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

15. [quote name='"the_tokerman"']

Bring it.

I've done two cheeba chew deca doses; two 16 dose kudu rolls; and pretty much a whole bottle of the green dragon THC/CBD elixir, which is like 1g of THC and 400mg of CBD... None of those ever did anything for me.

I'm one of like the 3-5% of the population w/no cannabinoid receptors in their GI tract. Haven't had it medically confirmed, but I'm sure of it.

Good Growing and Happy Toking![/quote]

Me too! Immune. I only eat edibles when they give them to me for free :)

16. no u have to i tried to make firecrackers with .3 of dank it didn't do anything at all to someone who never tried edibles before and only smoked few times.

17. the_tokerman you need to be on Omega 3 to boost the health of your endocannabinoid system! Your body and brain can't make working CB1s without Omega 3! If you are eating the "average American diet", you are WAY low in Omega 3! :(

Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors[/FONT]

Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet (news – 2012)
    Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com
    Also WHEN you eat your edibles can have an effect on your high! This was done using a synthetic, but the mechanism is the same- THC is also a highly lipophilic, cannabinoid receptor agonist.

Science: Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism (abst - 2009)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-prandial oral bioavailability of a novel cannabinoid receptor agonist via avoidance of first-pass metabolism. (abst - 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-p... [Pharm Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Granny's translation- If you eat edibles on an empty stomach, your stomach goes on a "feeding frenzy" and grabs everything it can (including the THC) and sends it directly to the liver. In the liver things are broken down- that includes the THC! THC is broken into less psychoactive compounds. You get some effect, but not much. [​IMG]

To get the maximum effect, you need to eat something about 45 minutes to an hour before you eat your edible. The stomach does its "feeding frenzy" on the non-medicated food and gets "tired out". The edible will slip on past the stomach all but untouched and go into the intestines. Once in the intestines, the THC is picked up and sent directly into the lymphatic system and then to the blood. No liver break-down involved! You get the full effect of the THC! [​IMG]

And that explains why some of you don't get the desired effects on edibles! [​IMG]

Granny [​IMG]

18. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']the_tokerman you need to be on Omega 3 to boost the health of your endocannabinoid system! Your body and brain can't make working CB1s without Omega 3! If you are eating the "average American diet", you are WAY low in Omega 3! :(

Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors (news – 2011)
    Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors

Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet (news – 2012)
    Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com
    Also WHEN you eat your edibles can have an effect on your high! This was done using a synthetic, but the mechanism is the same- THC is also a highly lipophilic, cannabinoid receptor agonist.

Science: Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism (abst - 2009)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-prandial oral bioavailability of a novel cannabinoid receptor agonist via avoidance of first-pass metabolism. (abst - 2009)
    Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-p... [Pharm Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Granny's translation- If you eat edibles on an empty stomach, your stomach goes on a "feeding frenzy" and grabs everything it can (including the THC) and sends it directly to the liver. In the liver things are broken down- that includes the THC! THC is broken into less psychoactive compounds. You get some effect, but not much.

To get the maximum effect, you need to eat something about 45 minutes to an hour before you eat your edible. The stomach does its "feeding frenzy" on the non-medicated food and gets "tired out". The edible will slip on past the stomach all but untouched and go into the intestines. Once in the intestines, the THC is picked up and sent directly into the lymphatic system and then to the blood. No liver break-down involved! You get the full effect of the THC!

And that explains why some of you don't get the desired effects on edibles!

Granny [/quote]

I love you, granny

19. Yea granny you were the one who got me to start taking omega-3 supplements like a year or so ago. I feel so much better since I started taking them, just like way healthier and better state of mind all around. If you take omega-3's in combination with a daily multivitamin and you get a lot of exercise, it's like everything in your body is at the top of their game. Mind included. so that means better highs, and higher lows. :D

Thanks granny :) you were pretty much the one that started me getting healthy.

20. [quote name='"PassTheGrass"']Yea granny you were the one who got me to start taking omega-3 supplements like a year or so ago. I feel so much better since I started taking them, just like way healthier and better state of mind all around. If you take omega-3's in combination with a daily multivitamin and you get a lot of exercise, it's like everything in your body is at the top of their game. Mind included. so that means better highs, and higher lows. :D

Thanks granny :) you were pretty much the one that started me getting healthy.[/quote]

Can you recommend to me which products to buy by name? Specifically the omega-3 supplements by also the multivitamins. Do they sell all this OTC at say Walmart or CVS?