ONE question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MikeJacobs, Apr 6, 2011.

1. I have no experience with LEDs, but if you search LED grows, there are a few threads here I believe.

2. Are you dead set on using LED?

3. My searches have led me to believe that at this point in led technology, if you are looking for quality, 2-4 plants, low yield. If you're looking for yield and quality, flower under hps using your led as supplemental lighting.

4. mate, thanks for takin the effort to help me out,
    I'm pretty set mate, so i could do 4 plants with this panel? because that was
    the idea, i am buying 4 auto fem pineapple expresses. i just want them to grow. not massively
    worried about a yield or anything, just want them to live!

5. I see no problem with that at all. From what I've read, 4 ladies under that led will make them AND you happy. We are all here to learn. I only have 4 grows under my belt, and am still learning on my 5th, but 5>1 and I got some good help from those that just had a couple grows. A lot of growers think that once they have 10+ under their belt, they are right and you are wrong, but until one walks into your grow and can see, hear, feel, and smell everything, all they can do is guide you with THEIR experience. Peace and much luck!

6. haha you need to name one of them for me now that you've helped me so much, Name one of my ladies please? i'll write their names on the pots so i know which is which haha, im so lame

and thats totally right, theres a few stuck up people on here who have been growing for a while, but to be fair i would probably get annoyed at noobs asking the same questions all the time.
    anyway thanks a lot i cant wait for my grow.
    one last question, how high above the plants should my LED panel be?
    oh and dont forget to give me a name for one of my pineapple express ladies.

7. As for distance from canopy, idk. No experience with them.
    As for name? LoveBud. ;)

8. when you say 225 LED

you mean these?
    [​IMG]
    because they won't yield shit, they're only 13w. you need at least 90w.

9. What's your general loc? I'm central Cali, but will help all I can.

10. Bro, don't worry about plant numbers. Worry about the right amount of space for that light. Once you have the space:light ratio dialed in, then you can worry about plant number.

I don't know anything about LED's, but I understand growing cannabis. Let's say the grow space that the LED could effectively cover was a 3x3. Yes, you could grow 4 plants. Or you could grow 36 in 6" square pots. With LED's as your light of choice, given they have notoriously bad penetration, those 6" square pots will almost guarantee you a larger yield.

11. So they ad output, not actual?

12. Double post, my bad. I thought I didn't click submit because my post was still typed in the box. Weird.

13. no. there are 225 leds on that board. they only total about 13 watts though

i think you confused it for being 225 watts, which it is not.

14. oh no, what am i meant to do? this is going to be really expensive, i want to do LED.
    what do you guys reccomend? a couple of LED lights? maybe 250 300w should do the job?

15. So the 225 refers to # of lights, not wattage. OK, I see. Idk about that, 13w?

16. i'd go cfl if you're on a budget.

once you have a little to spend, look into a 90 watt led ufo for a couple hundred bucks or a 120 watt led grow panel