Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

One Question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by rairs_baptism, Jan 31, 2010.

1. What specifically makes you higher by coughing?

2. Supposedly it breaks open the blood vessels in your throat, allowing the THC to be absorbed quicker

3. I'm no doctor but it sounds to me like a head high. Kindof like how holding the smoke longer than 3-5 seconds gets you "higher" by depriving your brain of oxygen, even though the THC has been completely absorbed. When you cough you exhale more breath than you would normally.

4. #4 LegitDankz, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
    I personally think this type of question automatically bans you from seasoned smokers. And the other posters above my posts.

Come ahnnn!! Obviously it doesn't "make you higher"

Edit: It seems the majority of people on swedespeed agree with this "claim." Its all poop tho

5. I'm not asking on behalf of myself.

6. I think coughing is just a sign that you've taken a hit that wasnt something you were prepared for and different than you were used to, causing you to cough, and getting higher than you were expecting to be, so you aren't necessarily getting higher because of the cough, but the cough was a direct effect of taking a badass hit that completely killed your lungs.

see what i mean?