One plant..

Discussion in 'Security' started by Belacttu, Feb 8, 2016.

1. I know, I know. Check around for other threads. I have. I've found a few mixed responses, but all of them are quite old. The most recent relevant thread was another forum in 2013. Thing is, laws keep changing.

My question is simply one that's been asked a million times, but an up to date answer and preferably someone with some experience or knows someone who may have dealt with the situation.

I live in Ohio, a decriminalizated but still no legality, even medical. It works wonders for my anxiety that I've been on Benzos for ten years for, and I hope to eventually use it to help me fight through the withdrawals to get off of the benzos for good. Can't stand being on them and their proven negative effects after prolonged use.. no thanks.

I have a steady supply but with different strains coming in, sadly no one growing right now that I have connections to, so I can't keep a strain that works for my anxiety and keeps me functional (I've narrowed it down to Lemon Haze or White Widow on days I don't have to work and when I do, usually some Fruity Pebbles or quality OG or AK. So to finish this novel, I'm probably going to grow a single plant, maybe two in my townhouse in a closet in my spare bedroom so I can always have what works for me. My question is to date, how much are police, especially in states like mine (please have some personal knowledge or at least look up our laws in Ohio which is again decriminalized, because every state is different, we all want the same thing! Safety and quality!) looking to bust someone with a plant. What I've read from a few years ago is unless they think you're selling, which is never likely with one or two plants, they aren't going to waste the time, money and resources to get the warrant to seize your one or two plants when there could be a dealer with an entire grow house two doors down. Keep it quiet, don't tell anyone period, no matter how exciting it is, not even family; mask the smell with all the options you can find here; hold to my roots and don't start selling it. Gives police no reason to go through the effort.

I could be totally wrong. This is what I've read so I was hoping from personal experience some of you could weigh in as of late with all the changes and views on it being brought in to light. Do you think they care enough (given the laws in my state) to go through that effort. Have you seen it happen?

ps. I already ordered the seeds and know what I'm doing (thank you GC for the info on everything and reputable vendors I learned of!) it's just a matter of wondering if it's something I should lose sleep over. If so, I may reconsider my location, though challenging, but it wouldn't give me the control due to it not being with me, so quality would be much lower. So I want to avoid that if possible and that's why I'm here!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I would not lose sleep, the paranoia takes the fun outta growing. Look into dealing with the smell. I ended up googling small grow busts in my area and the sentences were laughable, at that point I started my journey. Keep your plant count down, dont tell anyone, deal with smell.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man. I looked up small busts around here as well. I live in the heroin capital of the world so my original thought was they had much bigger fish to fry. 😂 Nice to know you had no problems!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Here is the best tip ," Tell NO one " grow a couple plants and you will be self sufficient after one harvest . I suggest a grow tent 3x3x5-6 feet , a LED light 400-600 watts , a carbon filter and inline fan and fan speed controller kit , timer to control light on/off times ,a thermometer/hygrometer ,and ducting ,a power strip and a good quality grounded extension cord if needed . I also suggest a soil grow as its more beginner friendly and easier as there is no pH ing involved , grow pots ,good soil , Perlite to add to soil to promote drainage , organic ferts ,one for grow ,one for bloom . and read about setting up a grow tent ...best of luck

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. #5 BlazinBetty420, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum