One plant problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Aug 25, 2017.

1. I have 2 blue mystic day 17 flower. One plant has no issues. However, the other has small dots on every fan leaf. I know I ruled out mites as a possibility. I gave it calmag last 2 waterings... I feed nutes every other watering with only tiger bloom... don't understand why it's getting worse... this plant seems to take longer than the other one to dry up after watering.. May be it is a root problem??? Any suggestions on fixing root issues with ph? Maybe flushing?? Thanks yall..
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You said you're feeding with only tiger bloom? Are you using big bloom and grow big as well?

• Like Like x 1
  3. No... I stopped using grow big a week into flowering... I don't use the big bloom because the npk ratio seems to small?? I have used bat guano once which has a 0-10-0 ...

4. Must be PH issues if you've conclusively ruled out mites and already feeding cal mag, did you check that too? Light flush might help. I'm on my first grow as well and my girls are showing call mag deff

Check out my first grow log:

First ever grow: How do the girls look?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Your plant needs a lot more than just nitrogen phosphorus and potassium, so the NPK ratio isn't the only thing you should look at. If you read each bottle you'll see what I'm talking about, boron, copper, iron, etc..

Even grow big should be used throughout nearly the entire grow despite the name (small amount during flowering tho due to N)

• Like Like x 1
  6. IMO the ph is off. It's preventing uptake. That's just a guess. I would flush with GH florakleen until I get about a quart of runoff. Come back 2 days later with a 60% strength feed with a little extra cal/mag ph'd to 6.5.

You can't cut nitro all the way out. Nitro usage peaks in stretch then tapers slowly off and drops down after about 6-7 weeks. I run my grow nutrients in ever increasing rates up to about week 3 of flower. Then it levels off to about 4-6 mls/gallon. I use 3/8tsp dry koolbloom 2-45-28 at the end and drop to 3ml/gallon of micro. 5-0-1.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Remember that leaves already affected will not heal up and will more then likely continue to get a bit worse before the damage stops as you address the problem. Check new growth and if it looks good your on the right track.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The thing I'm worried about the most is the affected leaves would they make the taste different on the bud? If so should I cut them off??

9. As long as there's significant green left on the leaves just let them be. I only remove leaves from the top if they're almost ready to come off on their own. They still have energy to feed the plant even a little damaged. Many don't look that bad.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I've rarely had perfect grows. More then half the time something goes wrong. I've nitro burned crops, I've had airpumps fail and cause dramatic yellowing and burning. I've had mites. I've had bud rot because of treating flowers. The buds always turned out good in the end as long as you let them finish and follow a good cure process. You can usually harvest something nice from a problem plant if you're consistent with nursing it back to health.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ok.. thanks man.. I really appreciate your informative answers.. so much better than using google...

• Like Like x 1
  12. I had bugs pretty bad and once I thought they were gone I cut off the affected leaves just to make it easier to tell if the problem was gone. It really depends on whether your in veg or flower. If in veg then it's not as big a deal to cut a few off since they will just grow back over time but in flower new fan leaves are done coming in so if you trim to much off your depriving your plant of light. Those fan leaves are like solar panels and soak in the light to feed the plant, at least that's been my understanding.

• Like Like x 1