One plant first grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BakedKipling, Oct 26, 2011.

1. I dont post much as i just tend to hover the forum and read.

Yesturday i started germinating a bag seed using the paper towel method, which is currently above my boiler. Its changed to colour black overnight which im guessing is a good sign, since it was light green when i started.

I am fully aware of the stages and still have much to read as i go (If it germs) but theres still a few questions.

For one plant would this 70w HPS be enough light for one plant?
    SON-T Tubular 70W External Ignitor - Tubular Sodium - HID - Discharge Lamps

Does it need to be an enclosed space indoors? I.E Box? I have a wardrobe that is perfect (Its big) Which i can happily have the plant sit in the corner with plenty of room.

2. Hey BakedKipling I am on my first grow as well, though I am using CFLs. I've read that 100w for first plant and 50w for each thereafter is a good rule of thumb. I am using a box but wish I had an entire closet to grow in!!!

3. I would use the 150W hps if you are dead set in hps, 100-150W per plant is what you should shoot for. IMO if you are using low wattage you will want to enclose it and get some sort of reflective material up on the walls to better utilize the light. something like this would work wonders though I highly recommend sealed air cooled, they cost a bit more but they make dealing with heat from them alot easier.

Good luck