one party's only answer to school shootings....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by myrrhlynn, May 25, 2022.

1. we have to make schools safer....

1400x-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jesus

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. looks like prison

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. How DARE you!

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. I know I’m disgusting

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Because school is prison

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Really? I always thought it was Thoughts And Prayers.
    You know, the two things that accomplish nothing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Democrat logic..... If thieves started busting store windows and display cases with hammers the solution to that problem would be to control everyone's access to hammers. We're looking for our lost keys under the streetlight where it's easier to see but we lost them in the dark. Hammers don't steal and guns don't murder, we need to find the problem but we're not looking in the right places.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Are..you...really...trying to draw an analogy between busting store windows and display cases...to mass murders of children? Bru that's next level messed up, clearly installed by some serious conservative propaganda brain washing that you probably aren't even conscious of.

I wonder...is it possible to pass regulations for responsible gun control, while still maintaining 2nd amendment access to guns? Me thinks this isn't rocket surgery.

Shit I can buy guns easier than I can buy Round Up.

But no worries I got Thoughts And Prayers to those killed. All good now, amirite?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I don't think you're brainwashed, you are intentionally missing the point simply to sling an insult or two. I know it's a hard concept for you to understand but guns don't kill people and hammers don't break windows, they are inanimate objects. If you want to address mass shootings then look at the persons doing the killings, not the tools they use. If you want to stop store windows from being broken, go after the people breaking them instead of banning hammers.

If I wanted Roundup, I'd order it from Amazon with free shipping but I do agree with you that prayers aren't going to keep anyone alive, the only thing prayers can do is help the living accept harsh events and it only works for the faithful, not for guys like us.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Guns don't kill people, People with guns kill people.

And angry people with easy access to high power guns
    kill lots and lots of people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. You live in a country of 300+ million people. statistically there are a lot of people walking around with psychopathic tendencies. call it "mental illness" or whatever but the bottom line is there are people where the chromosomes didnt align correctly and they're just fucked up and shouldn't be allowed to mingle with the rest of society.

securing, fortifying, and hardening schools doesn't look like the meme you shared. Locked doors, metal detectors, physical screening of everyone entering school grounds wont require barbed wire. one of the biggest challenges to implementing change to protect children in K-12 is pictures and attitudes just like you've expressed here. and imo gun control discussions are misplaced when it comes to the subject of making attempts to keep children safe and stress free while in school. a 4' section of chain and a lock doesn't cost a lot of money but it will darn sure keep an intruder from breaking in. how hard is that?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. In 1973 somebody threatened to shoot up a school. This was the schools response. Teacher on the right, student on the left.
    1973schoolthreat.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  14. Maybe it is time to end public schools.
    No more shootings, no more crt discussion, no more transgender discussions. Save the Tax dollars, use the facilitys to house the homeless.
    Teach your kids at home or put them in a private school that is to each individuals liking. Make public school available online if a parent chooses to go that route.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  15. Makes more sense every day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. The difficult thing about passing gun control laws
    is that the opposition are all carrying guns. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Its pronounced “ArmaLite”.

j

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Most schools where I live do have locked front doors and the only way to enter is to hit a buzzer and to be allowed inside. I’m actually kind of shocked that the school didn’t have better security in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  19. my sis-n-law is a retired teacher. she certainly doesn't understand why the school wasnt secured. just yesterday she said her school(s) have been chaining/locking their entry doors for years. Once the kids enter school the outside doors are locked or otherwise secured. they have protocols in place for quickly getting children out when necessary and all grades still do "fire drills" and "shelter in place" routines regularly.

So much wrong with these situations that could otherwise be prevented. smh. you parents out there should be raising hell with your local school board and local LEO to do something to protect your children while they are in your taxpayer funded education system. "you" own it. "you" bought it, paid out for it, and continue to pay for it each month. i pay in excess of $130 per month "school tax" and that's cheap compared to the rest of the country.

It is "our" system, they are "your children". demand something be done and fire the do-nothings that wont stand up and be counted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Schools aren't safe for their minds or their bodies, I wouldn't send my kid to a school.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1