One organic Fert To The Next.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Friendlytoker22, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Hey there everyone,

It's friendly.

So I recently made the jump from synthetics to organics, switching from CYCO® over to Nectar of the Gods® by Oregon's Only Organics. Shit was the heady gnar gnar titties of Organics if I have ever seen it. Used it on every plant in the house. As titties as it may have a been, a 6-10 part line is a bit excessive and a bit more expensive. I ran out last week on the entire line and made a switch to General Organics® grow and bloom. A "2" part if you will. Of coarse I still add a little this and that extra for boost and vitality but anyone have the debts on this line? At 18$-55$-130$ for.sizes it seems like a good cost/amount ratio. Plus the contents themselves are pretty juiced with the natural goodness.

Thanks a bunch.

FT.

2. Heady gnar gnar titties? What the hell did I just read...?...

3. I like my <$100 a year organic "nute " setup personally... Once I get my comfrey and an aloe plant, I'll probably spend less than $50 a year on additions to my soil, and honestly it's not even necessary for me to spend anything on it.....

Water is a pretty special solution to my growing regime....

4. If your going to use s bottled organic line go with Earth Juice. It's super super cheap, only has 3 parts that you need (grow,bloom,catalyst) and it produces some (as you might put it) frosty nugglets of the dank sauce.

But then again you could No-Till and spend almost nothing.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. If you have used Nectar of the Gods before,you would understand the gnar gnar home. It's basically the cream of the organic nite crop all wrapped up in expensive black bottles. But the quality of ingredients is pretty much unmatched.

I talked to my local shop owner about earthquake and I have heard good things. There's just a good deal of products out there that's basically all the same Shit under a different label, I'm just trying to pick the right bottle of Shit.

This isn't my first growdeo, I've been at this game for a few years now, just always been a synthetic user, Cyco, botanicals, blah blah blah.

I've got my soil on lock, built it months in advance, a well established blend of micro fungi and beneficials, red strugglers, tons of juicy breakdowns, I could go on.

All I really wanted to know was if anyone can give me.some first hand what's what on these G.O. bloom and grow. Smell, swell, color, all the things one SHOULD be watching when using additives of any sort.

-FT.
    Joke,not home. Autocorrect...

6. You're still a synthetic user bro.

7. Here let me elaborate. Organic growing has nothing to do with bottled nutrients. Now, a company might put 'derived from ORGANIC nutrients' on its bottle but all they are doing is tricking you into now thinking 'hey man, I have gone organic!'. I'm now the gnar gnar jar jar binx up in this 2 story!

And then you come to the organics section chest puffed out cuz now you're organic and yet you don't realize that very few, IF ANY OF US, still use any kind of bottled nutrients. Which means, we can't really help you all that much.

To dig a bit deeper here, the people who spend their time in this section in fact only use water on their plants, with the occasional tea made from fresh compost/casting/kelp/neem meal/comfrey/dandelion/nettle, that kinda shit.

The reason for this is we have become so adept at putting those bottles down and creating a soil that has all the nutrients in it to sustain several generations of pot plants. It's amazing really. You guys got your big bloom and your budswel and bud candy. We have our kelp and alfalfa and neem and worm castings. The crazy part is, they are both pretty much the same thing! Only one uses a chemical process to put the ingredients in a bottle. So my 5 gallon bucket of earthworm castings they turn it into a 1 liter bottle of sludge. Amazing huh?

8. I see your point, respect for the breakdown. I feel I'm on both sides of the dense here though. I know a lot of organic users that do the whole super soil side of.it and I know organic users who still use bottles. I thought it was more so what's inside the bottle instead of how one practices the upbringing.

Is a bottle of worm castings not still worm casting. made by worms.

Is sea kelp not still sea kelp if it's cold pressed into liquid?

Liquid bottled bat guano isn't dried powdered bat guano?

I'm not trying to offend, it just seems a little wishy washy.

Oregon's only is chem free so how does there breakdown process result in bottle form?

9. Also, I did the whole super soil route, In the process of using it now. The bites are just additives, all they ever have been, like desert or snacks during an all day feast.

10. The process these companies use to extract the active ingredients is what makes them not truly organic. The bottle of "nutes" maybe be "Chem free" but the process in which they made the "nutes" is not.

Take products like maxicrop(seaweed/kelp), it's turned into powder or liquid form by a chemical process. This process almost eliminates all the elements that make kelp so great in the first place.

That is just one example, there are many others.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. ∆∆∆∆
    Thank you. This explains it perfectly. So what I thought was organic is only partially organic... More so a faux-organic.

As long as my soil biology isn't messed with to much, I'll be happy. I took a good deal of time building it up, it'd be a shareme if it was all for not.

Thanks again.

12. welcome friendly. I was exactly in your shoes at one point. stick around, tons of good threads to read, search function is your friend. Read and see what you think, if you don't like whats goin on here no harm. What I used to spend on nutes, goodness me. Hope to see ya around.

13. Bottles are not organic, no matter how shiny the package is or how much they pay for that omri sticker approval.

For less than twenty dollars you can buy some corn for ssts, alfalfa seed for ssts or barley, some chicken manure for less than 5 bucks for 1.5 cu feet and its well aged so no burn. This will be enough to grow at least ten plants in 5 gallon buckets from beginning to end, maybe more.

For the price of one of those bottles you can buy a few pounds of redworms and start a compost bin. That way you harvest fresh worm castings.

Teas are stupid simple to make.

Your own unavoidable waste can be used to keep the bin alive (feed it everything but plastic and meat, unless you have BSF, then meat is fine)

I could go on and on but ill say simply this, if people knew just how cheap and easy organics really was, it would put the other nute industries out of business imho.

And speaking of byproducts, how the hell does anyone turn feather meal and bone meal (both meat industry byproducts, -animal bone and bird feathers) into liquid......???

Boiling into goop? :hide:

~ poke

14. #14 meatyleafeater, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    Like it or not, organic" by definition is changing. Science is really digging into the make up of our plants and formulators making water based vs salt based nutes are becoming more available. Which would be very organic and even vegan.
    When plants take up nutes it is in the same form wether bottled or soil. It is broken down to the same structure as it goes up through the cells. What makes the difference is what's left over in the soil..
    Now that being said, a hybrid system between the two is very obtainable. It's called a "living soil" where bacteria, beneficials mycorrhizae ... Ect are fed vs feeding or mixing for the perfect NPK.
    This living soil is what nature created but in our case isn't really used to the fullest degree. Pot plants don't live long enough to utilize mycorrhizae with out help. It's used of course in classic organics but being inoculated directly on the roots at transplant is far better. (Powder or liquid form)
    Using coco or your favorite organic mix will work with this method and can be very organic in either case...
    Just my thoughts🔊
    Cheers

I am so open minded you should only think like me..

15. Poke - Thanks for the tidbits. I think it may be a boiling thing. Countdown and add a neutral liquid like water to make it easier to mix further by us.

RAB - its all a learning process and I came to understand that a good few years ago. Like I wrote before I've been toying around with plants using primarily synthetics like Cyco, techna and botanicares CNS-17 line,each with impressive results.however I found myself wanting more out of my plants,not just yield wise but from seed/cutting to finish. I feel like in starting from scratch and in a way I am. It's exciting and confusing as fuck. Just like when I started. I'm so game.

LEAFY - this is where all confusion started. Before using Oregon's only organics line of bites, I had a very extensive discussion via email with their president, Scott. We discussed in full how I was growing, how I wanted to grow, and what I was looking for. At the end of it, he discussed what each product did,where they were derived from and the like. Not once was any kind of synthesizing used,it was all done naturally. Being that they claim they're a 100% natural product and processing is 100% organic, I felt I was in the right.... not that synthetics are wrong. I feel though that you are correct... if a company who strives to produce the best true organic they can, why would they hand you a bottled of inorganic synthetic goup and call it natty.
    Thanks again everyone for the input. The more I can learn, the better.

16. Current hypothetical love children.

And the mutes in question.... Vegan...

Attached Files:

17. Could be NWA. But that was sooo long ago...

18. Heady gnar gnar is just our way of saying headier than thou. Well by our I mean my buddies, I don't think its an area saying. Haha

"When plants take up nutes it is in the same form wether bottled or soil. It is broken down to the same structure as it goes up through the cells."

The difference being that its not all just about nutrients (elements), though. An organic living soil garden will make available many different organic compounds, growth hormones, Auxins, Gibberillins etc that are simply not found in the best bottled nutrients.

20. Jerry - from you saying that,about the micros making the nutrients more readily available pared with everything else I'm reading about my product choice, my soulful, my inoculations of beneficial and mucho, makes me think I'm heading in the right direction to organic growing.

Thank you everyone again.if you have any other tips, please do share.