one of those, rare, rare good days

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by phire420, Feb 7, 2009.

1. HAHA you just got owned

oh, shit. i just realized my grades are worse than yours:(

2. Then again, that depends on what college I'm going to? I'm applying to mostly music schools, and the admission standards are a bit different from UC schools and other universities. I create a portfolio, I guess sort of like an audition/resume kind of thing. I am not saying public education is limited or that I am too good for it. It has just failed me, that is all. It is hard to get the help I need when my honors Statistics class, when my class size is 40+, and the teacher resorts to walking around helping students individually? You can't deny it, the majority of our countries public education is going to shit. A new bill got passed in my school district, where if you have a 2.0 gpa or lower, there is a mandatory extra period you need to go to , that is basically study hall. The district milked the funding for this special "tutor program" for all it's worth, so they need to have the students going in order to continue getting money for it. They consider it a 'registered class', and if you do not go, the first offense is Saturday School, the second is suspension, the third is a $600 fine from the county (or the state, not exactly sure). Yes, my current gpa is terrible, but I was extremely sick the first 2 weeks of the semester. I am not a snotty know-it-all that uses any excuse to explain my grades. My current GPA is 1.6, but my cumulative is 3.06. I've just had a bad 2 semesters.

3. My school has a similar program, ADC, or academic development center, where students can get tutors.

4. #24 JuanRing, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
    Come on blades! So many posters on here are reporting bad grades. Buck up guys, this is your future.

Plus if we got a few stoners with straight A's it'd help our image(not that i got straight A's, but my grades were never worse than B's)

And yeah, im with Oldskoolgrower, i'm kinda disgusted by school sending you HS kids to alternative schools for smoking weed. I was an honour student from Gr 10-12, and even though i was never caught chiefing, i'll bet i'd have been labelled one of the "bad" kids if i was caught blazin.

5. F is Fail.

D- is like 50% - 65% or something around them lines.

It's common sense.

6. im proud to say i was in fact an A and B student and took 4 AP classes (english 3,4;us history, calculus) all while being a pot smoker. :D

7. Seriously. I had friends fucked for one single flake on the floor of his car. Who are they helping in doing that?

8. ironically I just made a post about the exact OPPOSITE of that. I envy you man. Depression sucks.

9. :hello:Nicely done man
    My parents expect good grades from me, i got like A+, A-, A, B+, C, A-, A- and they're pissed at me. I'm like wtf this is good and my dads like "not good enough".
    I was so pissed off... The C was ap math, the B+ was ap us history and an A- was AP english, i think he shoulda been happy with those grades especially considering my bro was all C's and B's and they didn't complain about him:mad:

10. i always got good grades in high school and i was a fucking DRUGGIE. theres no reason, i was very depressed also and i still had no problem completing my work. i was high 24/7.

11. Haha I took the exact same AP Tests and I also was a A and B student while moking the cannabis.

12. Shit, dudes, I was addicted to xanax and smoked weed all the time, had a 4.0, started getting xanax and trading it for more money's worth in weed, taking that to other people, trading it for more worth in xanax (basically dealing without cash involved, end the day with an oz and a fat baggie of footballs and bars and I kept up a 4.0 until I got busted outside of school by city cops who pulled me over for no reason and still can't think of one after all this time, then the school finds out I was busted off school grounds and kicks me out. When I get off house arrest, I went down and signed up for the GED test, not class, and in Kansas you can get an actual diploma. 2 days qualifier test, two days real test, then high school diploma. 694/800 as in killer scores, easily accepted to the state college I picked and it opens up a whole dfferent package of scholarships since I came in the back way. If I'd have known about this before I'd have dropped out of that motherfucking school the second day of my freshman year.

13. Lucky for my generation, Junior college is becoming a better resource. You can barely graduate high school, get your act together in JC, and transfer to a good university. I'm not saying one should use that as a crutch for bad grades, but it gives a lot of us a second chance at success.

14. Well my grades in high school were average 1-3 A's like 3-5 B's rest C's and i think a D once in spanish. I am two years into college and I have been getting B's and C's not an A yet lol.

15. I was thinking of going to a community college or the service before even attempting to go to college, but i have time to decide

16. Wow thats stupid man, if your bro got C's and B's they should be pissing at him, not the one that basically got straight A's

Hell man, my grades weren't as good as yours(i usually ended up with like 4 A's, rest B's) and i'm in a really good unviersity right now.

Your fine.

17. In my college anything below a c- you fail and must retake the course.

18. What college are you at? im guessing its in mass

19. yeah seriously bro...

d's are nothing to be happy about. you're going to look back and think about how much you fucked up and how you wish you wen to college.

and that bullshit about "getting harrased for weed causes bad grades" is bullshit.

I smoke whenever I can, multiple times a day, and maintain a 2.9 average (B-)

that's without studying other than for midterms and final, and doing all my homework at school.

seriously dude, try atleast a little. get some adderall and i'm sure you'll feel much different.

Hell, i gotta get a script myself. shit does wonders for organization, motivation, and effort in school.

20. Want to read the rest of the thread? we already argued over this and realize why we get bad grades.