One of those "Is it ready?" threads.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by CannabisFreedom, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Hello GC family. I have been growing grape ape. These plants are day 59 on 12/12. I'm seeing some amber. Do you think it's ready to chop? Thanks to all for your input. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. most people seem to aim for 20% amber. she has too many white pistils sticking straight out which tells me shes not at 20% amber yet.

am guessing she needs another 10 to 14 days till she is ready.

someone told me if you think she is ready, wait another week, that advice has worked well for me :)

3. Grape Ape is advertised to finish in 7-8 weeks, so to take the longer of the two, 56 days. And in my experience, breeders tend to quote best case, maybe exaggerate a little, like how hot your girl / boy / wife / hubby is. But I believe the key here is that you said "... day 59 on 12/12". Again, breeders' ways of presenting best case without really fibbing, their quoted finish time is from the time your plants started showing blooms, NOT from the day you flipped to 12/12. For most strains, that takes 10 - 14 days after the light flip to short days.
    So let's day the breeder was dead-on right saying it finishes in 56 days, and yours showed bloom at 14 days, that's 70 days / 10 weeks from the time you flipped to 12/12. So 11 more days from day 59.
    Which is pretty much dead-on what scubadvr said, only we derived at the same answer from two totally different directions.
    Which must make @scubadvr40 a f-ing genius!!!!!