One of my plants leafs are yellowing around the edges

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Slayem, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Hey all, my plants leafs are yellowing around the edges, all the way around the leaf, kind of a dull yellowing, any ideas on what this could be? I will post a pic if need be.

thanks

2. #2 Raoul, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
    A pic would help .. but yellow leaves - especially the lower leaves tend to indicate the plant is not getting enough Nitrogen. If it is really low in N all your lower leaves can yellow and drop in a couple of days.

This tends to happen when plants move from Veg to Bud as buds take preference over leaves - so the plant moves N from the leaves to the buds.

But that's just a guess at this point.
    It could also be under watering, over watering, pH lockout and / or attack by space aliens.

BTW: What do you think about the apocalypse as an alternate theory to the end of life on the earth due to global climate change :)

3. #3 greenhousedude, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010

i have to ask even tho its totally unrelated to the OP, raoul do you mean the world ending from global warming? or as in Revalations from the Bible? Personally i think the Bible will be proved wrong, no offense.
    ok now it kinda makes sense cause of the OP's profile pic, did i just light a fire ........oops:eek:

4. raoul/isg, nice light moment there. I certainly hope an apocalypse is not the reason for the yellowing leaves. I don't think any of my organics are rated for that type of miracle work. How about MG, maybe that can hold up to the apocalypse. Is MG associated with any specific religious fanatics??

Hey Slayem, sorry for digressing, but you should really post a pic when you can. Also, check out the mice thread that was started in Sick Plants that has a glossary of problems and solutions. It was up very recently so should be on the first page still.

Also, fill us in on more of the specs on your grow- soil, watering regime, lighting, ventilation and all that good stuff.

JaK