One of my friends tried to kill herself because her boyfriend broke up with her.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LHiver, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sorry to hear about it but I'm going to be a little harsh. She needs to grow up and learn a few things in life. Breaking up with a boyfriend she has in High School and wanting to kill herself over that means she is not ready for real life. She needs some help, and she's in the right place.

2. This...ive never heard of university level parent teacher conferences...

The key is to act normally, treat them how you always have. Most importantly, wait until she is ready to talk to you about it (they may never be, and thats ok too)

But dont call her out and ask about it, thats just gonna make her feel worse...

At least you didnt lose her though...

3. Yeah yeah alot of people feel that way when they find out. Don't stress that 'ohweloveyou' it gets annoying and frustrating hearing that SAME excuse over and over for a justification for living.

Obviously she has dependency and trust issues which are tied to her self-worth. So you can talk to her about it, it really helps. I was suicidial for a time and I found talking with someone with no fear of being chastised or critized for your remarks worked best for me. Have a very open mind please, for your friend, don't call her decisions 'stupid'...

And for all those bastards calling suicide a 'cry for attention' shut the fuck up please! (mostly aimed at trichome fiend cause you sound like a dumbass >:[, many case studies have shown that males succeed more often in suicide because they use the most violent means i.e gunshot, hanging, jumping; females on the other hand are more likely to ATTEMPT suicide because of the means they choose to go thru i.e. cutting, overdosing, etc.)

Its still a cry for help you insensitive bastards, its the tipping point in a persons life, be glad if they live, cause obviously the people around you were missing some big hints

4. I'm sorry to hear that.

I know a chick who tried to kill herself after a break up. Makes no sense to me at all.

Also I would like to say..

People who ACTUALLY plan on killing themselves, succeed.

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say it was some kind of attention attempt.

Who called 911?

5. She's 19 and he's 23. And I said at the end of my op that they were only going out for a year.

6. Yup, She's in high school, and I'm on a victory lap.

7. ^ Very smart guy...

8. Her cousin told me that the bathroom was locked and she was in there for awhile. Her mom eventually kicked the door in because she wanted to use the washroom. And found her laying on the floor. So, yeah it was her mom.

9. Sounds like a drama queen to me.

10. Ya I'm gunna stick with crazy attention attempt. Or she was trying to show her ex she would really "die" without him without actually doing it.

Idk. Why would someone attempt to kill themselves at home with the family home unless they wanted to make sure they'd live?

As other blades have said humans are easy as fuck to kill.

But

This is why we have physchologists or whatever. Psychiatrist?