one of my best tops so far from 1st grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokingjoe68, Dec 21, 2006.

1. heres a few pics of one of my best tops so far from my first grow. I am sick with anticipation. I know it's nothing spectacular, but I'm sure excited.

Attached Files:

2. Lookin' good my friend.. lookin' good.

3. I can understand your excitement. If you like what you see now, just waitanother 4 or 5 weeks. You'll check on them one day and say man those buds are getting fat :D . That's when you really need to have self control. Let time work for you. It'll be well worth it in the end.<O:p
    <O:p
    Nice grow BTW :hello: !

What strain are they?
    RTH

4. thanks guys, yeah, you won't believe the restraint I'm practicing since I'm out for a couple more days. It's just some bag seed from some pretty good mids. I wanted to get a little experience under my belt before I spend a couple hundred on some serious seeds, but I think I'm getting close to ready to go ahead and do that. I've also started a second grow about 5 weeks ago, they're doing a lot better mostly due to better lighting and completion of my 7' X 7' dual chamber grow room.

5. your plant looks nice and healthy. good job. if your ate up with anticipation now,,,
    you got a lot more coming,,,, the weeks of flowereing watching those buds ripen,, and after those 5 - 8 weeks are gone you got to dry it '' right'' which is another 11 days,,, then to make sure your bud is 100%, of what its meant to be you need to cure it for,,, 2 wks.

and then youll be ready to smoke it,,, so the anticipation is tough as you say. [ the less you touch the bud the more resign it will have on it and thats your buzz] do it right youll be glad you did in the longrun.

im sorry but i thought i would add to your anticipation a little,,,,,:eek:

6. ty chicken, always nice to get compliments from people with a lot more experience. I know this a little off the subject of this post but I feel compelled, I could never have done this without the help of everyone here at the city. everyone is so friendly and helpful. this is the best group of people I've ever been a member, including many religious orgs. and society scowls at us, go figure.

7. smokingjoe, show us a picture or your 7X7 grow room.

This is my grow room I started building a couple of months ago. Each side is 5X6X4. These pics don't do justice for it now. All I have left to do is install the air works in the veg room and it will be done. I'll probably do that today.

Attached Files:

8. wow man, yours is a lot better than mine, I basically have minimalist to keep out light during dark and to maintain elements. about half way through, I didn't put a lot of effort in it because it's in my bedroom and taking up most of it,so I decided to build an 8' X 16' shed in my backyard which I will be proud to show off, but to be honest I'm kind of embarassed to show this one, it's not even super light tight, I just keep all the lights in my room off during dark period, lol. I've already started buying the wood for my shed, gonna take some time though. oh what the hell, I'm not trying to win any construction awards here. here goes. Sorry I don't know how to put text with pics. the first is the whole room, it's 2x2, and vaneer (spelling, sorry). Next fan in veg, then exhaust in veg, I have 4" in line fan. Last is staight look into veg from my bed. You can see some of 8 babies in here under 4 4 foot flouros, I was really impressed with how they started, I believe I will stick with flouros for veg. they are also bag seed coming up on 6 weeks, started 12/12 2 days ago after 36 hour dark period, no flowering yet, watching close to keep any girls virgins.

Attached Files:

9. you are right about the city, it is a great place!!!!!!

dont knock your grow room, it looks upstading. by having this one youll get many ideas. for your shed.

so its a learning experience. now when you get that shed up youll have your plans in your head allready.

NOW, your room aint that bad is it!:D

10. Great looking grow you've got going.

No worries on the room, it appears to be doing exactly what it needs to do for good growth.

Have you thought about an air filter? Those babies of yours are going to get nice and smelly once they start building up the buds. Hopefully smell isn't of concern to you.

Good luck with 12/12.

Peace

RTH

11. ok, the first is straight shot into flower, you can see generically hung 70 watt HPS flood, that I haven't even taken apart and reconstructed for this purpose yet over one I had to stake. I know they are weak and skrawny, but I love them anyways, when I started those seeds, I really had no idea what I was doing, infact my first try, I planted some seeds with tap roots in the air, try not to laugh to hard. even though they had a real slow start, I had to race to try and keep up with them and get this thing constructed as I learned more about their favorite climate to create. they've responded nicely with each improvement I've made, mostly more lights, as I can afford it. first 2 weeks, they were under a desk lamp on my desk. you can see cable puller I use to hang 4 flouros, and a little of 100 watt cfl over 9th from second grow. I'm not sure yet, but looks like it might be a he, I'm watching very, very close. second pic is a thermometer combination agrometer, I got from home depot for 30 bucks, it's crap, but all I got for now, so I figured it would atleast help me keep them in range. then exhaust, another 4" in line fan, got these from home depot as well, very happy with them, quite and effective. next pic is 100 watt cfl, I reconstructed a flood light for this. the shorter plant behind the stretched out lady in front is the one the pics of my tops come from at the beginning of this thread. Last, one last look into flower, tried to encompass as much of 4 ladies as I could, not much room left in my room to back up. I have a type A personality, and this has surely helped me develop a lot of patience. So what do you think, I know I still have a long ways to go.

Attached Files:

12. thanks again, chicken and RTH. I've decided I don't need filtering yet. smells strong in my room, which I love, but with doors closed we can't smell them in the rest of the house. My brother, whom I share this house with doesn't smoke, so he's my tester. If you can believe it, he used to be a cop, but he's very supportive, because he knows it's what I love. If I need to, I have a large attic I can vent to, I will probably use carbon filter for shed.

13. Nice setup man! Plants look awsome. GL 2 u!

14. took down the 9th that was under the cfl today, found balls, put another one in there that looks like she might be a she not sure yet, hope so. ty august

15. yeah youll , be smoking some personally grown bud before long,,,

just dry it right and '' cure'' it properly, the curing is often overlooked,,, but it is a so important process to get the true taste the weed has to offer,,,

with all the harshness gone, it is a 11 day process,, , [ patience grasshopper] :cool:

16. dude it was good to smoke out with you,,, that day, [ and i aint talking about a ham ] . the ol lady admitted that she was high the whole weekend.

but i was throwing one dubbie in her face after the other.

i did a little more wood application to the ''room''.
    now all thats left is the door and the inlet and exaust holes.

be cool, we had a blast.... no doubt about it,,, we even survived a damn ''TORNADO'' aint that some shit!!!!!!!:smoking:

17. i know i freaked your ass out when i come around from the hall to the living room, with that big rifle of mine, with the monster scope,,,

telling you i was going to blast that stray dogs ass.

that look and those words you said telling me '' no no no'' thats priceless man........

look forward to seeing you again,,,,;)

18. yeah, you got me a good one bro, you've opened the door though. I'm gonna get you back. you know not when or where, just rest assured, you won't be prepared, muaaahh ha ha ha ha