One of my best friends is morphing!!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tokabowl420, Dec 26, 2009.

1. So me and 4 of my other friends were the tightest crew all through high school. 2 of them went to college and room together, 1 got his girlfriend pregnant and refuses to chill or associate with any of us at all (including basically his whole social network besides her) and me and last friend still live at home and go to community college haha.

Besides all that tho, I'm basically talking about my 2 friends that live together. One of them is pretty much exactly the same but the other one is morphing into complete sobriety it seems like!!

We used to always partake in partying together, taking pharmies, psychadelics, skeetin etc...Well since it's winter break, it seems like my friend is actually looking down upon us and kinda disapproving of our behavior....like last friday he didn't even wanna drink with us....whatever tho, good for him haha times change and so do people.

Just wondering, have you guys had best friends or crews that have just suddenly completley changed??

2. I guess he's just maturing

3. Yeah happened to me ppl start going their own ways it sucks but don't worry not all of them r going to leave.

4. It's the holidays. He's just busy spending time with his family! Give it some time.

5. yeah my best friend that got me to start blazing when i was 14. me him and another really good friend of mine all blazed and were best buds for like 2 years, the one who didnt get me to start moved like 3 hours away, hes mad chill and comes to visit usually once a month for a weekend cuz his mom lives here.

the other, when we were 15 both got caught and he got kicked out, he was gonna move in with me and my parents were cool with it but called his parents to tell them the deal. they call the cops, and come to tell my bud he was adopted and had a twin sister but she died when he was 2.

he was forced to move in with his biological parents, and only 30 minuites away. to this day that kid still wont hang with either of us, says he found god or somthing and doesnt do anything anymore and the one time i saw him at a restraunt he told me to get sober and stay sober or go burn in hell. WTF IS THAT BOUT?! haha

6. Yup, shit happens. Bunch of my friends that were seinors last year all moved off to college, stopped smoking (It's immature I guess) and started drinking heavely. Oh well, I still got my friends here.

7. there we go

8. It happens. Happened to me even, and after a long hiatus I found that I would rather have weed as part of my life. I'm not so much into the party scene as I was, but definitley found my niche.
    Maybe your friend will do the same, or maybe not. Its all about personal preference.

9. I frequently feel bad when I see posts like these.

In my old group of friends, I was the one who "matured".

When we were still in college I met other people who were workaholics, like me. Since we were all shooting for either high-powered jobs or graduate school (to be hopefully followed by said jobs) we were able to commiserate while studying for gmats or lsats, plus we participated in the same resume-padding crap.

Meanwhile, my "regular crew" didn't really seem to care about what happened after graduation. One of them straight up moved back home and took a part time job as a waitress, never even bothered to try using her degree for anything. Another one decided he just wanted to backpack around Europe for "at least a year".

I feel bad because I can remember them calling me and saying things like "Hey, you down for hitting up the bar tonight?" like ALL the time. But I was always at some networking/volunteering/internship thing, and now we don't really see each other anymore. It sucks, but I really love my work.

Of course, the funny thing that "mainstream society" doesn't see - people in both groups smoked. That's possibly what made it so easy for me to transition from one to the other.

10. I feel you dawg, 2 days ago a bunch of my buddies who joined the army came back and left a 112 comment reply on my facebook status about how i should come drinking with them...Like, these guy's dont have to worry about rent...Or anything involved in life, they spend all of their free time and money drinking.

I, on the other hand, prefer to do something productive with my life, and not be a "Loser". A harsh word yes, but like fuck, it's true.

Don't worry mang, it's part of life. People mature and shit and start living life and there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

11. I too was the one to mature out of my group. I have one close friend and we usually hung out with one other good friend, and another guy we considered a friend but really only hung out with him because we felt sorry for them. Every weekend they all want to go out and get drunk, while I would rather just chill at home, get baked, talk and watch a good movie. Hell, Im only 18 but still Im just not really into partying. I hate being around a lot of loud, drunk idiots, especially idiots I dont even like. Id rather chill with my one good friend and smoke.

Hell, Im so trapped into my own little world I dont even like to talk to or meet new people. I'm content with my life like it is right now, maybe one day I'll change, maybe one day I won't. As long as I'm happy then it doesn't matter.

( Hell, who likes drinking anyway? It taste like shit, smells like shit, makes you look/feel/smell like shit and makes you stupid. ) :smoke:

12. #12 caoP, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
    SMOKE and drink!! I don't know why you guys think it's for 'losers' or 'immature' people.. WTF? I mean.. it is 21+, plus the scene out there is just to enjoy a little buzz, dance, or pull some women. I don't see what's immature about that..
    I LOVE getting fucked up or lit with my friends. It's just having fun. We're all in college, all doing our thing, but sure we love to let loose once in a while and just chilll.

Plus, a lot of my friends that I grew up or graduated with have the same mindset as me. Even if one of us quit 'drinking' or 'smoking' for a while, we'll still be down to do it when we get together, for the sake of old times. I just believe there's no reason to quit completely unless you have a drug test or something.

13. I think they are talking more along the lines of that is ALL their friends do while they are trying to, you know, grow up and work and stuff.

I agree here, I've had to cut off a few people (surprisingly everyone I smoked with) because they are still doing the same 'ol shit like a bunch of teenagers. Working go-nowhere part time fast food jobs, living with their parents, spending all of their money on weed and whatever else. They would get mad whenever I wouldn't let them come over and party during the week or whatever. Sorry Guys, the reason you want to come to my house is because I'm the only one responsible enough to even have a house. It's not my fault you don't like to hang out at home because you're parents are there, quit being losers and grow up. I'm 28, I don't have time to be dealing with you're parents if I come over like I'm fucking 14 or something.

14. You guys would skeet on each other?

15. Oh God, I feel you so much. My one friend matured so much he only tries to fuck with his ex, and doesn't even wanna kick it anymore. Another turned into a big-headed arrogant ass hole that is hard to even be around, considering he never ever throws $ or bud. The other is so annoying anymore I can hardly deal with her. And the other works 9-5 and then lifts, doesn't go to school and he's locked into that routine, so I get to see him once in a while, which sucks cause he's the chillest.

That was my smoking circle, we've replaced the first kid with another of my good buddies, who has a nice pad, but go over there with a bag and you're smoking out upwards of 5 people...it's w.e tho cause everyone throws $ or a couple beers or a couple pills whatever besides the big-headed kid, who just pisses me and my 2 other buddies off, while the girl like enjoys his BS. Not to mention 2 other girls usually come over, both pretty chill, but one has a son, so she can only come for like an hour while her mom watches him. All my friends changed, and it blows. I fuckin keep it real though...happy tokin blades :)

16. whatchu talkin bout mayne?? I believe I said, "We used to always partake in partying together, taking pharmies, psychadelics, skeetin etc..." None of that says anything about snorting anything off of each other. To be more even more specific, if you still can't read, we used to do cocaine together at parties and with close friends.

I still just think it's crazy because I'm not an immature person and neither are most of my friends. If someone considers drug use besides marijuana immature, I pity you and that is extremely hypocritical. I have a job, go to college with a 3.6 gpa, and don't rely on my parents for much at all.

I believe that anyone can mature and still keep their old friends.

17. I don't think any was (or I least, I wasn't) saying that taking drugs makes you immature.

Nor is maturity something that can be measured with something as simplistic as a GPA. I know at least one person who had a 3.9 all through college, but no social life outside of his World of Warcraft Clan. Talking to him now (we're both in our mid-twenties) he doesn't understand why he has such a hard time dating...

I think there is a fundamental difference between people who are interested in "getting really f-ed up" on occasion, and those who think it's for them on a very regular basis.

I don't necessarily mean wandering around in a funk all day either, and I don't think it's easy to set a limit and say "If you do it this often, that's cool, but any more often and...:

I just know people who will find almost any excuse to "party" even if it's a Tuesday, and they inevitably miss work the next day as a result. Or who might have picked up that girl, but she was interested in a little bit more conversation than "I'm soooooooooo rolling right now, just keep rubbing my arm like that..." Or who might have missed any of a dozen opportunities because they're too entertained by the prospect of getting out of their minds to search for an alternative.

It's also important not to look down on people who do just want to get out of their minds. It's just that some people are going to need more than that. Once they make that self-realization, that it cannot just be about getting really f-ed up, there's really no going back for them.

18. The only definition for "skeeting" I know is to bust a load, so you can see why I was perturbed by that sentence.