One more question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by flat_lander, Mar 21, 2017.

1. K this seems stupid but it would be nice to know if it's been tried before.
    Taking "clones" at 3 months flower.
    Stupid right but my theory is, they stay alive for 2-3 weeks slowly using up every last little bit of nutrients left in it before rooting or dying. I'm just gunna give them a week before pulling em back out and hanging to dry. Kind of a speedy flush. Few branches are done but still fully green ( I burnt her with nitrogen I think pretty bad, dark green sorta crusty leaves ) can't really see a downside to it other than could be a total waste of time but if nothing else it'll give it a super slow dry. Upsides could be the extra stress gives it a boost in last minute production, sucking dry nutes and giving a nice slow dry before cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ur kidding right ?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I didn't want to reply cuz I figured it wouldn't turn out as planned. However, my prediction was more than spot on. Not only did the 72 hours of darkness fully bring on my terpene's, giving a new, very very beautiful smell that I wouldn't have expected, but they did continue growing and ripening. It also brought back its fan leaves from a crunchy feel to a normal soft velvet texture.

Careful shutting ideas down that you, yourself have never tested budzbuddha. So basically, your comment of saying " your kidding right?" Determines you have no idea about botany, therefor have no reason to reply to a subject you have zero input on. Beginners over fertilize and it's easily possible to destroy potential of a plant. I now know how to help fix this problem come harvest. Sooooo..... ha!!!
    Stay in school and keep your stick on the ice !

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've got some clones going that were taken about 9 weeks into flower. Out of 6 one has rooted and is doing very well. The others still haven't rooted, but are showing nodules, so roots will come soon. It was mostly an experiment, but it will be fun seeing how they progress.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a rooted bud right now. I was harvesting my plant but wanted to keep the strain. It was 9 weeks in flower. I put a branch I was trimming in the clone machine. I wasn't going to but I'll get off my ass and take a picture of it for you. It's pretty cool looking. Fat purple bud with roots.

My aero clone machine works so well it's like automatic. I've never not rooted anything I've cut and put in there. It's 100%. TurboKlone 24 with dome.

I'm still waiting for it to start vegging again. I was considering pruning the bud off of it and smoking it. I was going to keep my fingers crossed that it started vegging where I trim the bud off. I've done this before but my last one started reveg quicker. Probably because it was slightly before harvest last time.

You can clone anything. Veg, any time in flower, whatever. How that clone responds and how quick it starts to veg again is different depending on what stage the plant is in that you cut it off of.

Cloning budding plants is called "monster cropping" because the resulting clones tend to branch more then most plants once recovered and revegging.

I was going to show this off with my own cloning a bud thread but here you go. It's my other GDP pheno I call sister stout. It has sort of started to reveg by growing out those sugar leaves. They weren't that big or green when I cut it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Oh brother ... Another crybaby reading to much into comment.
    Its not a dick dont " throat " it so hard.

image.jpg

7. What prediction? I didn't see the "3 days in the dark" even mentioned in your original post?

I don't believe there's any science behind this theory other than stoner science.

"Beginners over fertilize and it's easily possible to destroy potential of a plant. I now know how to help fix this problem come harvest. Sooooo..... ha!!!"

How is the problem fixed at harvest?

J

8. Hahaha ! Ya, when I read your reply I was like " oohhhh" haha but I did it anyways. They got 2 more days but I pulled one for a smoke and it was f'ing great! ( compared to the ones I just hung to dry )

9. I know that you know ALOT more about growing than this cat but I'll reexplain.

Took ripe ish buds but they have an over abundance of nitrogen in them. Very little smell and appearance just not that great. So I took cuttings and placed them in wet soil and put under 24 hour darkness for a week.
    My prediction was that they would use up all their extra energy ( nutes ) in order to struggle to root, resulting in possibly stressing them in a productive way and giving nicer smoke. But I also figured if it was a fail then they would just have a super slow curing process.
    I'm not trying to get roots, I want it to die, but very slowly.
    Side by side, cuttings hanging and cuttings in dirt. Hanging smells like cucumbers kinda and doesn't really burn proper. Burns black kinda. Cuttings in dirt have an amazing aroma, nice taste and was able to burn in a joint. W/o trying this I would've been stuck with a lot of shitty smoke until the healthy ones are finished. Thus, fixed :)

10. But none of it has had a chance to cure properly. There is a huge difference in any freshly harvested cannabis (your hung plants) and flowers that have had the care and time to be cured properly. Once it's dry jar it and every few days for the first week or two open the lid for a bit to let it breathe. As time goes on you can open the lids less and less and after a few weeks not at all until you're ready to use it. Over a month, two months you'll find the aroma and flavors mellow and change for the better.

I actually thought you were trying to root cuttings from flowering plants, not "remove the Nitrogen from buds by planting them in dirt".

J

11. I've honestly started to swear by the Boveda 62% humidity packs for curing. With them I can put dry bud into a jar to cure and not even bother burping them. I can stash them in a cool dark area and completely forget about them for months and not worry about bud rot/mold/etc. They are relatively cheap, reusable, and removes one more thing to think about in the cannabis cultivation cycle.

• Like Like x 2
  12. A friend gave me a handful and I think they're great too! Takes all the guesswork out of it and keeps the nugs perfect every time.

J

• Like Like x 1
  13. Since I started using them I generally dry my bud a bit more than I usually would and let the boveda packs re-hydrate them a bit during cure. It's much easier to tell when the packs need to be reconditioned when they are dried out than when they are too wet.

• Like Like x 1