One more moving out thread

Discussion in 'General' started by GhtFuqt, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I'm 20. I'm a cable guy. I have been working for 3 months. Bought a car I needed (3k) and have been saving the rest religiously (about to pay off some debt, never will accumulate again). I am planning on moving out by the end of this month, although that's probably a bit optimistic. I smoke like an 8th a week at most.. I keep it small and in turn keeps my tolerance low so 1 bowl keeps me happy for almost 3 hours.

I make less than 2g a month. I will be living on my own for atleast a year until my girlfriend finishes college and moves out from her parents house (they pay for it while she lives at home, no chance of her moving out yet).

So basically I just need some help. Tips, advice, etc,. I am already stocking up on necessities like dishes, silverware, bathroom stuff. Its looking like it'll be 600-700 for rent no matter what and where I go. But this place, although tiny, looks decent. Input?

Farmington Hills tiny one bedroom apartment

I could save alot of money and live there till my girlfriend moves out. But at the same time, is that enough space for just me? I have like 2 friends that may hang out at most. Sorry if this seems unorganized and random, I have nowhere to put all of my thoughts and options and getting advice from people who've been in my shoes should help.

2. I think it's funny, my parents raised me to be materialistic. Don't you want to drive a nice car? No, it's not nearly worth the payment. Don't you want a big house/big tv/ expensive clothes... Who gives a shit? I don't. I take what I have and am grateful for it. I think at the very least I will call the owner and look at it.

3. I think I'd invest a bigger portion of your income towards housing if I were you. That place is really tiny. I guess if you're just gonna crash there and never be there or something, but if I was spending any kind of time in a place I'd want something a little bigger.

4. That place is smaller than a hotel room. Paying rent is the most frustrating thing ever, you are paying a large portion of your wages to a landlord who owns the place at the end of the day. If you can, wait until you have enough money to make a down payment on a home or possibly find a rental unit that you can rent to own.

5. try and convince one of your buddies to move with you, alleviate some of the cost and allow you to get a slightly bigger house

6. Look for a place to own! Townhouse and condos are going for like 80000 in my area thats about 500 a month for the mortgage all you need is the down payment of about 5000