one light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by wood214, Dec 13, 2012.

1. witch kind of light can take a plant from start to end?
    just one to four plants

2. Well you can use a Cfl, dual spectrum. Over 85 watt per square foot. I think you can get dual spectrum sodium bulbs too. Just change your timing from 18 -6 to 12-12 peace

3. Wood 214: probably none, but you can do it with a T-5 fixture , so long as you get one that 'completely covers your grow.' You can start out with 5,000K, or 6,000K, or 6,500K blue lamps for sprouting through vegging and switch to 2,700K reds lamps for flowering. I've been working with them for about the last year and I've had very good luck. This is with the assumption that your intention is not to be a commercial grower. I hope that helps. Hank

4. think you

5. Nope you can get a dual clf. Covers both spectrums of ligh, but as you say, what you save in money on your electric you loose in size ang grothe. Sorry about spelling

6. A HPS is the only light that covers all the needs of plant production cfls grow weak plants and grow them slow, if you want your bud big and fast, go with HPS maybe a small MH for supplemental veg light but a HPS will take em from seed to flower quickest and biggest on its own

7. Compered to hps, you can make 2 ounces per plant easy, and my turn of ever time is no more then 3 weeks Compered to hps, there still better IDE love to run hps all the time. But in summer with a small space I cannot. Clf is slower and buds are less dense, but it can be done with great results.