One leg Stormtrooper

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AmpTrooper, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Good morning everyone. [​IMG]
    I was in a motorcycle accident on 9/6/08. I destroyed my right hip and lower right leg. We tried to save the leg for just over a year. When the Dr.s said it maybe about 6 more years before I wold know if my leg would be good enough to walk with well, I knew what I had to do. The surgery was done by a world famous Dr. as his family invented the type of amputation I have. The surgery took 10 hours. Way more then expected. It usually takes 3.
    He said it was one of the hardest and worst amputations he had ever done. So much so that he didn't get everything that he needed to do done. So, I am going to have to do this again.
    So far I have had 13 surgeries!
    Well, being the guy I am I wanted to take this loss and use it to do some good. So, I first came up with funny amputee t-shirts that I sell on Zazzle.
    Then I thought about mixing my love for Star Wars with this. So, I got some StormTrooper armor (with the help of a great person) and I joined a costume group called Vader's Fist 501st. We are the largest costuming group in the world. No I go out almost every weekend and I put on my armor and I leave my prosthetic leg showing so that kids and disabled people can see and be encouraged and I hope that it lifts spirits and brings a smile to a their face.
    Seeing how the damage in my leg is so bad that I will need additional surgeries. I also have a lot of pain associated with it. I have been on Hydrocodone for 2 years. problem is the Dr's now want to take me off of it because they say I will get addicted and some think i am an addict already. Here is how much an addict I am: I take one to 2 7.5 hydros a day and only at night time right before bed so that I can relax a bit. So, they want to take me off of it. So, what am I to do for the pain? A Dr. asked me how my leg feels. I told him it feels just like I had it cut off! What did he think it felt like?! Stupid Dr.s!
    So a buddy of mine told me I should try Marijuana. I was against it at first. I use to use it when I was a kid but now that I have kids I thought "there is no way". Then the pain got me and I found myself doing anything I could to help with the pain. And that was after the Hydro withdrawals. Being desperate with pain is not a good place to be in. You think some pretty crazy things. So, I reluctantly called my buddy up and said I will try it.
    I was very impressed on how well it worked! I just smoked it for fun when I was a kid and had no idea that it did that for pain! So, here I am. A firm believer that MJ is a medicine!
    For the record, I am also a Bible believing Jesus Freak Christian and a Tea Party Republican! See, we are not all what the news says we are. The news should try a little Mary Jane and put down the crack pipe! [​IMG]

2. I always knew that marijuana healed. It helped lessen my pain when I was sick and miserable. I can only imagine the relief that comes when you smoke and your leg feels better

3. Welcome to the City man...

Sorry to hear about the leg, but glad our handling it that way your are , props.

The only problem with people believing in Cannabis is well, i think you said it best.

You were reluctant to "use" due to what polotics have lied to you about. So many believe these lies that i feel the only way they will try cannabis is if they become desperate, which is really sad IMO.

People need to be more open minded and not slash everything that they disagree with because "polotics" told them it kills millions of billions.

But again, glad to have you here at the City, and mad respect for how your dealing with the situation

mokkie

4. Welcome to the city. :wave:

5. God bless you man !

great to have you here :wave:

welcome