One Hitter Bowls Vs. Bong Bowls

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 420stoned666, Jun 9, 2014.

1. I've been smoking for about 8 years this coming up July, and I'd like to know..
    When I smoke a one hitter bowl, it seems I am getting a shit load of tar (resin) from the smoke itself and the fact that it's so small.. if I spit after a one hitter bowl, it's got a brownish tint to it.
    With bongs, id like to know if theres any actual science behind it and do they actual 'purify' the smoke more?
    I seem to get very smooth and tasteful bong rips, and definitely cant feel as much tar as I do from a one hitter bowl.
    So basically id like to know the science behind bongs filtration systems, and what types of smoking devices emit the most tar with combustion.

I realize that vaporizors are the healthiest choice, but if you had a hisi with a percolated downstem, percolator and ice would that actually reduce the amount of tar?

- leaving GC when I reach 1,000 posts

2. depends how big the bong is. I had a real small one that would cake your lips in resin if you smoked some sticky out of it. And how often you clean it plays a big role on your clean hit.

3. amount of water, how many chambers with water, percs and diffused downstems all help to reduce the amount of tar in the smoke, the more surface area of smoke that goes through the water the more filtered and less tar the smoke will have (perks and diffusors increase the amount of smoke that gets filtered ), this is at the expense of less intense hits but being able to inhale larger thicker hits that you wouldnt have been able to take otherwise.