Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

one hit from the bong equals...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by notelliot, Jun 28, 2005.

1. 40 packs of cigarettes?

I was on my way to work this morning and on the morning talk show, the woman (who had a pot-smoking past) declared this.

bullshat my friends, bullshat.

2. i agree, BULLSHIT!

3. hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahhhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ok im done

4. Thats impossible, I thought that the water in the bong filtered a lot of the toxins and crap.

No way thats right

5. yeah, that's right. you'd think smoking a j would be worse. maybe 45 packs. but there are far less carcinogens in pot than tobacco.. as listed on erowid.com.

6. i saw a movie in rehab where they broke down the shit but it pretty much said that the water in the bong didnt fliter the toxins but actually intensified them or some shit like that.. i forgot the science to it but they explained it pretty good...

but 40 packs of squares you said?
    ermm one hit.... so lets think about this real quick... thats let smoking a couple hundred packs a day if you smoke a bowl out the bong... everyone would be diagnosed with lung cancer and less than a month id say if you hibittually used....

7. That is complete bullshit... I cant think of one person dying of lung cancer that uses a bong as there primary smoke method they have been around forever.

8. lmfao thats deffinatly a load of bullshit... if anything it would be 1 joints= 1 cig at most... if your worried bout shit like that buy a vaporizer... :smoke:

9. if that were true technically i just smoked 120 packs of cigarettes. BULLSHIT!!

blaze on...

10. isnt it more like and i quote 2 old people who came into our school to talk about drugs"one joint has the affects of smokeing a carton(carton not just 1 pack its like 8 or something?) of cigarettes,cancerus and lung destorying"

11. nah man, cigarettes dont get you that high. if you smoke 40 packs of cigarettes, i think you might get as high as one bong hit.

like they say it takes 4 cigarettes to get as high as one joint.

12. i smoke a few thousand cigs a day then, and have for the past 2yrs lol i'd be dead if that were tru

13. im confused, are you talking effects, or amount of smoke drawn, because if its amount drawn than that is complete bullshit. and as for effects they dont even have the same effects. but if one was to smoke 40 packs of cigs in one sitting, as one would take bong rips, i have a feeling that they would just die of cancer there on the spot.

14. Double U Tee F ?

15. I just took like 10 or 12 bong rips, I think I would be dead or close to it if this were true. Dumb bitch needs a reality check. I think the coke done fucked her up good. Lol

16. This is just like those anti drug commercials where they say one joint is equal to 5, 10 , 20 ,etc. ciggarettes............I might believe them if they didn't say a different amount each time

17. ugggh some people are interpretting this in the wrong way.

When the woman said that 1 bong hit equals 40 packs of cigarettes, she meant that the damage 1 hit does to your respiratory system is equal to the damage of 40 packs of cigarettes.

And obviously, thats very wrong. It shouldn't be as heavily debated as it is. It's a rediculous claim, and any non-retarded talk radio host should have had the speaker removed from the building for trying to spread their rediculous misinformation.

AND - cigarettes don't get you high. That light-headed feeling you might get after a few camels is what it feels like to sufficate your brain.

18. ^^^^

Namy you must be smoking some REALLY shit weed if you get as high off 1 joint as you do off 4 cigarettes

19. lol i was j/k. but theres probably about as much truth in both statements.

20. Hhahahahaahah...... He said Squares yo he has got to be from Indianapolis.. I have not heard squares since i lived in Nap.... Don't give me no Bama weed, We don't smoke that shit in the N.A.P. JOE>