one day you will be dead

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by clos3tgrow3r, Dec 5, 2010.

1. #1 clos3tgrow3r, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010
    no more emotions...no more sensations...no more thoughts...no sense of time, space, or self.

after acknowledging this reality as your final destination can anything you do in life really matter?

remember that any answer is merely your opinion,

and all your opinions die with you..

2. yea...

it drives me insane.

3. Obsessed with this a little lately...makes me want to make the world a better place while I'm alive though.

4. what i do matters to me right now and need not ever matter to anyone else or to the universe as a whole.

5. I believe in reincarnation, so no worries for me when I "die".

- peace, joy, love, and light

6. We will all die. It is inevitable.
    That being said, there is no way for any of us to know what comes next...
    Maybe there are emotions, sense of self, thoughts, sensations... they're just on a different level than what we experience now.
    I don't know the answer, but I lean toward the ideas of reincarnation. I haven't hashed out the details yet, but none-the-less, I think we carry pieces of ourselves with us when we pass....
    just my two cents.

7. But the actions I take will have repercussions that will echo on forever. With or without me, my legacy will survive.

8. #8 clos3tgrow3r, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010
    a legacy on something which is itself temporary..

our time here as a species is not infinite..

9. It's strange how much of our lives revolve around death. Sometimes I wish we could just forget that it happens, not because of fear, but because we become so preoccupied with answering a seemingly unknowable question. Do we know what happens after death? Nope, but we do know what happens in life, and that fucked up shit happens all to often. In my opinion we ought to work to make this life better before pondering the next one.

Even if our situation is ultimately meaningless, what's the harm in making life more enjoyable for all lifeforms however ephemeral this all may be?

10. There is nothing after death. Our reality is based on how our brains function, without the function, there is no reality. Only those scared to lose their reality believe in heaven/hell, reincarnation, etc. When my time comes, I will leave knowing that I left all I could behind, and that the universe will consume me back into it's elemental melting pot.

11. Well now, your all very pessimistic aren't you :p

If harvard scienitists can make an immortal mouse, then i'm pretty confident there will be a serum around in my lifetime for immortality.

If thats not an option, then thankfully i have Moore's law to fall back on, and the prospect of having my conscious uploaded into a nice Driod in 50 years time :D

12. actually this does not applie to me because i am an immortal , good luck with that thou

13. Yes one day.

In the great words of Eckhart Tolle when asked...
    "I do not give it any thought"

I will die, sometime. I have had a few near death experiences they were never as scary as I would have imagined. We must all die, it is our destiny, We must all return to the source.

Look, and it can't be seen.
    Listen, and it can't be heard.
    Reach, and it can't be grasped.

Above, it isn't bright.
    Below, it isn't dark.
    Seamless, unnamable,
    it returns to the realm of nothing.
    Form that includes all forms,
    image without an image,
    subtle, beyond all conception.

Approach it and there is no beginning;
    follow it and there is no end.
    You can't know it, but you can be it,
    at ease in your own life.
    Just realize where you come from:
    this is the essence of wisdom.

14. actually scientific theoies are starting to be specualted that show part that the particals in our brains cells that cause us to exspirance counciousness may be intagable with physical matter and leave the physical body after death

not proven yet but its being considered and studied

scienctific discoverys are never made without an open mind

15. Only a man so fugly could be filled with so much wonderul insight. lol

16. I think therefore i am

17. Just like before you were born.

You will indeed die because God told Adam he would die and Adam died.

The good news is that Jesus is the God of the living and not the dead. He promised us all life "MORE ABUNDANTLY" if we accept his death and resurrection as the covering for our sins against God.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jhn 10:10

Its real simple; either ya want life more abundantly or you don't.

Jesus Christ is a savior and not a religion. :wave:

18. Why is everyone so negative on death? Fuck. No one knows what happens. Maybe nothing happens. I don't know about you but im really curious on how it would feel to die. Im not going to kill myself just to experience it but when it comes, I don't think i will feel frightened. I wonder how it feels too just not exist.

Enjoy life, Accept death.

19. i wanna clarify that im not being pessimistic or negative...well at least im not trying to be

im only trying to cook up some food for thought...its up to everyone how they wanna digest it..

there is nothing inherently wrong about recognizing that nothing we do has a point...its where you go with that knowledge that counts. personally i feel that it can take you to a much better place.

20. Maybe you should take these posts to a Christianity forum.
    Seriously. You're entitled to your opinions, but I honestly, in my heart of hearts, believe that Christianity is a bunch of BS....It would be one thing if you said, "I believe," or "my opinion"... but you use imperatives and it drives me crazy!