One Cigarette A Day

Discussion in 'General' started by GalenH, Jan 7, 2008.

1. hey all,

i was just wondering if there is ay major harm in having one cigarette a day, or two, or one every two days. I dont smoke weed with tobacco but i do enjoy a cigarette afterwards, or just one to relax. any major health issue this will bring about?

cheers.

2. NO NO SUICIDE!

Major harm no. Not unless you start becoming addicted. But when you start smoking a cig a day then it becomes 2 then 3 then half a pack then yeah. Trust me it happens. I smoked a cig or two a day for the longest time then I went up to a pack a day. To be honest I wouldn't even start if I were you.

3. Do not start!

I believe your body can repair the damage that one cigarette would cause a day, but you are still introducing a lot of crap into your body that can cause problems later (or not, depending).

4. hypothetically if i stuck to one a day....
    i dont get addicted to anything, seriously, if i did i would stop.

5. ^^ Thats what I thought too. One a day turns into a pack real quick. And in case you didn't know quitting is a bitch. Btw you got like 5 different people saying its a bad idea to start. We aren't teh gov't were blades just like you. Our words aren't corrupted. Smoking cigs are a bad idea to start.

6. dude i dont know the name of the site but theres afew sites that tell you excatly whats in them and its not pretty...

7. i will take it.

EDIT: the advice that is :p

8. Meh, alot of my family smokes cigs so theyre easily available

I used to smoke about a pack a week, not much for some regular smokers out there but still a fair amount. Did this for about a few months, then one day just didnt feel like it, and stopped completely.

I dont buy packs anymore but ill bum the occasional cig, i havent smoked one in weeks.

So meh, i guess it just depends on the person.

9. Can't you see?

That's what everyone says.

But you've never been physically addicted to something. It's different. It's not easy to beat.

10. I wouldnt smoke ciggerrettes mate its really not worth it to start in the first place.

I have noticed I have gone from a 10 pack a day to a 1 a day habbit i have a cjoint in the morning that sets me till lunch and i will have a ciggertte then when i finish work 4 ish i blaze

take it from me ciggerettes are a waste

11. lol its just a ciggy

1 a day wont hurt you

12. lol....yeah you'll start to 'convince' your self that its okay to have an "extra" cig then before ya know it, half pack a day- pack a day....(I don't see how fuckers be smokin 2 packs a day and shit...wtf do they do??)

13. Yeah, a lot of friends and my parents have been nagging on me, on top of my own thoughts of quitting.. It made me realize I need to quit. I'm just gonna try and hold one out for as long as I can since I woke up, then when I need one I'll just have it. I think this technique might work pretty well with a little self control.

14. thats how i started quitting too, just hold out for as long as possible, buy a lot of a gum that you like or hard candy..those help too

15. stick to herb man

16. Whatever you do, man, don't start.

I was the exact same way. I'd look at my close friends who were smoking half a pack or more and would say, "Shit, don't yall get sick? One is fine for me." Well, that one evolves into two. Then so on and so forth.

The habit it a bitch to quit, but thankfully, I did. And it's not even worth starting. You know what happened when I quit? I fucking blew up in the lb. department. At least ten pounds for sure. It's fucking weird.

But I sure do feel better. :smoking: