One bong hit = worst experience?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Aurora69, Mar 17, 2013.

1. I've never been a daily smoke. I've smoked 1-2 times a week pretty consistently for the past 6 months or so, so my tolerance is pretty low...

I smoked from a bong for the second time yesterday. One pretty big hit had me coughing to the point of crying, which usually comes after a lot of hits from a bowl or J/blunt. Instantly, I almost fainted. My hearing went away and I was swaying around. The guys I was with said I was really pale and really sweaty (it was 50 degrees out, so I shouldn't have been). I couldn't stand up from a park table. I couldn't even talk!

Even after the worst of it, I felt pretty shitty and had to concentrate on staying conscious. I felt...Really bad. I don't remember any of the details, but I remember thinking that I was literally losing my mind and I was going to be stuck like that and shoot myself when it didn't go away. I'm going to say that was a pretty crazy paranoia trip. I even told myself I was done with smoking weed...Which I did two more times in the day, each time without any issues.

I hadn't had anything to eat or drink before I smoked. Do you guys think that in combination with never smoking from a bong, that was the reason for all of this? It happened the first time I smoked from a bong as well, save the paranoid.

TLDR: didn't eat or drink before smoking out of a bong for the second time. low tolerance. one rip had me on the brink of passing out (couldn't stand, headache, couldn't hear, all sweaty, etc.) for 10 minutes and I got frighteningly paranoid (I thought I was going bonkers). That shit weird?

2. Sounds like you greened out. Bongs fuck you up badly if you're not used to hitting them, plus you took a huge hit, had nothing in your stomach, and you have a low tolerance. Next time, just take a smaller hit and you'll feel amazing.

3. Alright...Thanks. That's what I figured, I just wanted some confirmation because that was worse than I imagined it would be. It turned into a pleasant high later, although I chickened out of hitting the bong after that.

4. A big Bong hit can overload your senses. Ive hit bongs pretty hard, one time I was in high school and my freind packed t his 6 foot bong for me, I filled up the chamber and Took one huge hit, I tried to hold it in, but couldnt,I exploded, I got all off balance and I had a ringing in my ears, I was dizzy and my nose was bleeding. It lasted for about 10 minutes and I fely like I was in shock for the next hour, it all wore off and I was STONED to the bone.

5. I remember when I first hit a massive bong I thought I was gonna die lol
    It's not being used to the large amounts of smoke in one hit I think because it doesn't affect me now. I've heard others with similar stories too.

6. #6 jwbooth, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
    I used to hate bongs for this reason.

Now I barely smoke out of anything else, haha.

7. Try drinking or eating something before you smoke next time. Low blood sugar is likely the cause of it. The same thing happened to my friend after he smoked a joint with me and hadn't had anything to eat all day.

8. My friend who barely ever smoked took a HUGE bong hit and greened out worse than Yoda blunting an ounce of space chronic. He was literally fucked out of his mind for hours throwing up and passing out. Insane to watch.

9. #9 Mire, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
    When I started smoking, I could never get high. So one day me and my friends were outside and we packed a bong up with some no name shit. I was determined to get high, since I've heard great things about bongs. So I go to hit it, and my friend was gonna work the mechanics for me. Well like the stoner he is, he forgets to pull the bowl out, while I'm just sucking away. "Oh shit!!!!" He says and quickly pulls it out. I take the whole hit, and after about 2 seconds I couldn't hold it, and coughed it all out...

I thought I was having an asthma attack.... I couldn't breathe. My nose was running. My friends guides me inside and onto the couch where I recovered. After they finished up, thy come inside and I am just sitting there shaking. Fuck this is the worst day ever.

Then it hit me...

It felt like all my muscles were completely relaxed. Oh fuck am I high? I am.

To this day I am glad I choked shit on that bong. Best day of my life.

10. Yeah bongs are the only way I can get really high with any kind of speed. That's a pretty crazy reaction from a regular smoker though.

11. I only smoke about 3 times a week if I have bud. More if I have alot. I only use bongs on occasion though. I can do at least 3 to 4 good hits though.

12. I agree. Once my tolerance goes through the roof, it is time to pack up the bong, nothing else works.

If you aren't used to smoking, this is very possible (to OP)

Also, there is a great chance the weed you had was a heavy sativa, which often times is way more likely to cause anxiety or paranoia than indica, at least based on my own experience.

13. what is this "bong" you all speak of?

14. I've greened out before not from a bong hit but from a dab, haven't smoked in two weeks and then bam friend gets some earwax (hashoil) take a dab and few mins I'm in the bathroom

15. Maybe you should take a hit comparable to your smoking level...

What I mean is, if you know you're at lightweight don't milk the tube...take a hit you can handle.

Work your way up in hit size, we all can't start at full on milked bong rips.

I'd imagine no food or liquid in your system had something to do with these feelings as well.

Just remember if you feel lightheaded, dizzy, fuzzy hearing...DO NOT MOVE! It'll pass and you'll be fine.

16. Op should just start smoking everyday