One big hydroponic/aeroponic plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NinjaToker92, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Could I just grow in a 2x4x6 tent like this one GrowLab GL80L Portable Grow Room and then just grow one Huge hydro/aeroponic plant every 3-5 months? I would use a 600 watt hps light btw. Also I would top my plant twice to get a bunch of huge top colas. I got the idea from here [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL3QSJpddww]Weed Growing Closet - 1 Week from Harvest! Growing Marijuana Indoors! - YouTube[/ame]. Instead of multiple cabinets I would just do one tent of the same size. Will this work?

2. Absolutely. But with that space, you might end up w/ more weed overall if you did 3 pretty huge ones as opposed to just one really huge one. The idea would be that you could fill up the tent w/ less veg time rather than having to wait for one plant to veg out big enough to cover the whole space.

3. I totally agree with mrgoodsmoke. You 'could' grow one large plant but if you are going to yield vs time and effort, you will be better off with going to 3 or so plants.

4. I would do that but if you watch this video you'll see why I might not. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkZud2Yk1Ok&feature=related]Growing Weed In My Closet - Final Harvest and Smoke Reports - YouTube[/ame]

5. #5 mrgoodsmoke, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    It's whatever you wanna do really man. If you get a lb per harvest, and I only get 8oz, then you're getting bigger yeilds than me, but if I harvest more than twice as often, then I end up w/ more weed.

Here's a guy who's doing a 400w grow w/ just one plant. Let's see how it turns out. I'm sure it'll be beautiful, and smoke amazingly. Let's see how it yeilds.

6. Well, i'm wondering why should I do three plants when i can yield just as much from one big plant. that's what the guy in the video says. would it be faster to let them grow naturally?

7. #7 mrgoodsmoke, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    It's like this. In order to fill up the space, you're gonna want to veg your plant, or plants, until they're about half the size of the space, so that once they stretch the space will be full.

If you have one plant, let's just say that for the sake of simple mathematics, you'd veg it for three months to fill half the grow space, then by switching to three plants, you'd be able to fill that same space in about 1/3 of the amount of veg time.

So while the total weight of the one big plant might equal the amount of the three smaller ones, by growing three smaller ones, you cut veg time, and over time have more harvests, and therefore you end up yeilding more weed. So you might harvest a pound 4 times a year growing 4 big plants, and I might get the same off 3 small ones each time, but I'll harvest 5 or 6 times and end up w/ more weed.

8. Not to mention, what if your one plant, *gasp* gets sick, or terms into a male, or gets bugs! Youre doomed.

Ok if you get bugs on one plant you probably have them on all... just an example ;)

9. Ah, I like your logic. I imagine that with 3 plants that big under a 600 ill get at least 6-8 ounces after harvest, plus If i go hydro I could harvest after 4 months even three if i'm lucky. Ill go with three plants. thanks

10. I'm not saying it can't be done OP, or that it wouldn't even be fun.

I've actually done a few single plant grows, and two grow with just two plants. This time around I"m gonna run 8 or 10 clones in the same space and see how it goes. I have a feeling I'm gonna do alot better this time around, time wise at least even if the overall harvest weight is the same.