one big grow room or several smaller tents

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by michalis, Oct 26, 2013.

1. hey guys, growing weed is an art and every day i learn so many new things i think im running out of brain cells

i am wondering, is it better to have a number of tents and grow separately in each, or is it better to have it all in one big grow room

which one is better in terms of cost? buying the right materials, and also later on in terms of electricity

which one is better in terms of yield?

e.g. if you have 3 tents each with one 600w bulb vs having one bigger grow room/tent with all three bulbs inside?

2. #2 GoldGrower, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    If you have the same amount of area, the same lamps, and reflective walls I really don't think it makes much difference.

Although on a minute level I guess the larger tent would be better as some light will be reflected light in the multi tent setup, whereas it will be direct light in the big tent.

If you had two tents flowering and one tent vegging its a whole other story because your then factoring in time as well and I believe the multi system is more efficient

3. I like having three different spaces...One for Mothers ( 3x4 room with T5s ) One for veg ( 4x4 with t5s ) and my flower room (4x4 with HPS )

4. I have several separate areas,

mother 1'x1'
    cloner 1'x1.5'
    vegger 2'x1.5'
    flowerer 4'x1.5'

Experimental areas of 2'x1.5' and 1'x1'

5. If you have 600w bulbs in mind, I would do this... run one tent 8x4 with a 600w pushed towards one end. At the other end set up a shelf system, maybe two feet wide with three sets of shelves, including ground level. Above each shelf you set up a small floro/T5. This area is for seedlings, cuttings and early veg. The seedling shelf is the most narrow, leaving a bit more room for the cuttings and even more for those going into early veg. The rest of the tent (6x4) is used for mid to late veg. This is a great start for a perpetual grow, which can give you better yields than growing in set cycles.

In the rest of the room you set up the flower area. You can either secure them inside a tent or have an open air grow. Simply hang panda film and lay plastic on the floor then set your trays/tables. Exhaust will be more of an issue with an open room grow; youll have to vent it straight out of the room.

I believe hortilux just released their 600w blue eye bulbs which have a pretty awesome spectrum/high PAR output. Pricey off the bat but may be worth a go. A setup as described would end up around 2000w including floros for the little ones and could easily bring in 2lbs every eight weeks or so, more when you get it dialed in. A perpetual (staggered) grow can take that a bit further.