one after the other

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by captainorganic, Nov 15, 2013.

1. We need all the info on your grow including: 

Hows it going everyone, im using a soil less medium, sunshine mix #4. it is an indoor grow, im growing 00seeds auto afghan mass x2 nirvana's blue mystic x2 and sweet auto black cream, they are 2 weeks old. im running a 400W mh/hps 6" cooltube with a 6" 400cfm fan and a carbon filter, the lights have been 20" from the plants, i have been buying water from the grocery store because they have a reverse osmosis filtering system, i have been watering them only when dry (i think, the pots feel light and i would dig in the corner of the pot with my finger a few inches and they have been dry) they got fox farms grow big on the 9th 1/4 strength and after they went dry again they got 1 tbsp/gal molasses, this is when shit started hitting the fan. day 1 to 10 were tested with ph paper strips so i dont know how accurate those are, the ph's seemed fine, once i got my ph meter in the mail everything has been set to a ph of 6.0 before feeding with a runoff of 5.5-5.9. heres where it gets hairy, the temps hit 105+ one time i think it was day 6 i came home from work and my 100cfm fan fell off my vent (whoops) and it got hot, real hot. after that it just slowly started shitting the bed, i think it hardly moves air anymore, day 12 i got my 6" fan filter and speed controller, i can run that puppy on low and the temp wont go passed 82f i literally just transplanted them today(day 14) in 5 gal pots 1 of each in 5 gal short and one of each in 5 gal talls. the roots were at the bottoms of the pots and starting to climb the sides about an inch out of the old pots, i think it was good timing, they weren't root bound in any way. i set my ballast back to 50% thinking that i could have fried them? im not sure but id rather to be safe than sorry. there is some discoloration in the lower leafs along with some brown dots. i transplanted them this morning and since then they are looking better, but not great. any input is greatly appreciated. sorry for the crappy photos, i may invest in a camera. Best regards

Attached Files:

2. See chart for correct bulb to plant tip distance and leave your bulb on 100% Mh, avoid feeding at all costs these plants are only 2 weeks old if that, they are so overfeed, and consider 1 gallon for each month they are with you, in most cases thats 3 moths/ 3 gallon pots, these plants in 5 gallon pots may reach 6 feet, consider that in your plans, you may need another 400w mh?hps light, come Christmas> 

Attached Files:

3. Here they are after a few days, i have flushed 2 of them because i fed them thinking they were hungry after i made this post, haha whoops, the ones i flushed look horrible because i really messed them up. but the ones ive just left alone are coming around with new growth. the last picture is weird the two parts of the leaf facing the stock are pointing up yet the piece of the leaf that is in between looks like it is wilting

Attached Files:

4. #4 Vee, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    In nature plants are flushed often, ...whenever it rains! it is a natural cleansing cycle, man's plants don't get flushed enough or in most cases never, throughout the plants entire life, see it as washing away all that nute/salts build up in the root zone, I do mine every month and spray Neem on then afterwards, I hate doing it, as I get wet and bitchy ...lol

But it shows big dividends in yield and looks ....lol  tho many growers freak out first time, you get better with practice, and many a grower has been caught in the shower with his plants by his girl or mother.

Best way is to flush your plants with 3 times the volume of the pot with air temperate, Ph neutral water , allow to recover over night or in dim light 1 day, and feed again once you have seen an active recovery, but feed at 50% less nute

5. Here they are after 2 weeks, they bounced back great except for the 2 i fed thinking they were hungry. 
    they are now budding, i don't plan on doing any training, because i don't want to cause any more stress than i already have, but a question comes from this as well, should i trim fan leaves if they are blocking a bud site?

Also i have  some snow peas going. i was wondering if i should scrap the smallest one because it just started growing again after 2 weeks and is really stunned so i doubt it will yield anything good, any thoughts? best regards
    :bongin:  :smoking:

Attached Files:

6. Jorge Cervantes PSA: Keep Your Leaves On!  and never say Die! some late and stressed plants turn out to be the best EVER!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYq7CuVpAeo

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your doing great pulling them back. I thought I was dealing with a dude in another thread that's experiencing near the same issue. FF soil folks say is to hot (what's your opinion?), and he feed three times in about six weeks to a plant that was much bigger, of course, claiming his ph run-off is in the 5's; plants expressing what appears to me to be a Mg deficit, and now he won't talk to me. Oh well!

8. Thanks for the link, so i have given this some thought, and my conclusion is; if i don't want to remove the leaf yet i want bud sites to receive light, could i potentially move the fan leaf to the side and lightly tie it off to something. i obviously don't want to stress them anymore. do you think this would help? also, a real noob question haha, can/would you re use sunshine mix if you flushed it with like 20 times its volume? buying more is not an issue its just nice to save money where you can. best regards

thanks. vostok gave me some killer advice, a few days and they were growing at a normal rate again. i am using sunshine mix #4, i chose this because you know what your starting with and you know what your putting into it. in my opinion if i was to ever try soil i would go organic for sure, it was something i gave a lot of thought to and i figured with pre mixed soils there would be more chance of inconsistency's than if i did it myself. i think hydro may be my next project after i get a few under my belt, i don't know much about ph in soil grows but could a run off of 5's be wrong causing lockout? maybe vostok could shed some light on this.

9. I have been growing cannabis since the mid to late 70's, and for 5  years or so in the early 90's I went the DWC way, and was fun, and a lot of work, thats the point for me, the plants we do only are a round for 6 months at best and just for me dwc is too much effort for that 6 months, time could be spent on other more important things like wine making, playing music or just plain boring old SEX....lol

( as a side note: the best DWC grows have always been from guys who had big train sets as a hobby ....true!)

...and besides I long argued over taste, but the organic canna just tastes far better, and with your name here on GC, "captainorganic" you should think on this ....lol

By the time many Canna strains have matured, most fans leaves have been dis guarded by the plant anyways, so most of those buds get that sun or light, but yes I have at times attached sewing thread to an annoying fan leaf to tie it outta the way, or even florist wire/ or bread tie sealer? (plastic coated fine wire) if you got them

stick to organics and let it wash over you ...its very cool, and you get benefits like fresh greens and healthy buddies ...lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. @[member="vostok"], after all these years you're not dead from the neck up, aye?  :laughing:

11. they got their first round with tiger bloom today, i cant believe how much they have taken off in the last 3 days, its ridiculous. they smell great, i had them in the bathtub for feeding just because its easier to drain run off and i find the lighting in my bathroom good for pictures. i will post another update in a weeks time.

Attached Files:

12. Well done, congrats.   :yay:

13. alright, so i woke up this morning and took a peek, it looks like #1 afghan mass is curling a alot, its only at the top of the plant but the leaves are curling hard core. other than that everyone's loving life, my #1 black cream is actually taking off so fast that ive got 4 plants raised with 3 gallon pots and i still wake up every morning to his top touching my cooltube. should i stun this guy and give the others some catch up time? at this point i cant raise the others much more without making them unstable and i want everyone to be close to 6'' away, my cooltube does not get hot i can touch the glass and its only warm. the temp a few inches below the light is only 28c-30c

Attached Files: