Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Once you make bud into BHO or distillate isn't it all sativa then?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MattmPsi, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Sorry if this is the wrong section I'm using the phone app and I dont see the concentrate section..

But anyways isn't it just the CBD in the bud that makes it have indica properties? So when you make a concentrate from it that is like 70% thc, and hardly any cbd, doesnt that make it more of a sativa?

I mean I get that it may have gotten some cbd in it but wouldn't it mainly be a sativa then?

I thought of this yesterday when my buddy was smoking a vape pen of mine. It had some BHO that I had bought inside it that I had made into ejuice.

He mentioned how it's a much different high than smoking regular bud, it seems to be more of a head high.... that's when I realized... its probably because its mostly thc that got extracted...not a lot of CBd..thus transforming it into a sativa..

Is my train of thought here correct? Someone explain

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Wrong.
    Concentrating only removes the plant material it doesn't change the ratio of THC, CBD, CBN ect.

Sativa is naturally higher in THC to CBD then Indica is and that is why the head high is more pronounced on a Sativa strain.

That said different processing of the base materials can alter the effects of a given strain like extended cooking times of an edible can degrade more THC to lesser cannabinoids making a better sleep inducer.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I see, thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You will have to get a better education on the science behind thc and cbd. do a bit more research on google or you tube and you will find your answer.

5. Splitting delta-9 tetrahydracannabidiol right down the THC/CBD preforated line might seem like modern voodoo magic... however concentrating the <30% sticky icky crystalline part of the cannabis plant, THC, turns it into a waxy, buttery golden solution. By using hydrolysis or adding ethanol the concentrated THC alone acts as a super stimulant.