Once Weekly Maintenance Grow Op

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by metrixmaxman, Sep 21, 2009.

1. I'm considering starting my own MMJ grow in Colorado, but have to live out of state for the time being. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a feeding system that would be self-sufficient for a week, so I could drive in and top off my levels every weekend.

I prefer a DWC setup but obviously I'm thinking how impossible it would be to keep my pH in check for a whole week without any person's presence. Could I grow in soil and get away with a once weekly watering, or does anyone use an ebb-and-flow type setup that utilizes a large enough resovoir that keeps the pH in range for long enough?

I'm thinking larger resovoirs need less adjusting, but how long do you guys with large one's get away with before it needs correcting? I know that my one-bucket/plant setup requires constant adjustment.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. In general, hydro setups require a significant amount of monitoring and tinkering.

You would probably be much better served by a soil setup. It would be relatively trivial to setup an automatic watering system, and using soil gives you enough of a buffer that if there is a problem, it's not likely to kill your plants before you can correct it.

3. yeah i grow organics right now and i've fed my plants every 7 days like clock work untill the flush. then one strain started needing water after 5 and one after 6. but all the way through say week 4 of veg untill week 6 of flowering has been every 7 days. no exceptions. same for two friends with similar soil setups. but their strains don't start eating the fresh water that fast at the end. it's 7 for them all the way through.