Once again...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by a SquaRe, Aug 20, 2010.

1. So I dont understand whats goin on. The last 3 batches of seeds Ive germinated have all sprouted, done okay the whole day and then when I go to bed at night, wake up in the morning there all laying on there side. They just fall over...

I have my 62W CFL close to them, my lil fan is on the lowest setting giving them a breeze, there in FFOF so I dunno what the fuck is goin on! I made sure that this batch was not too damp (due to my last batch I thought died form Pythium Wilt)

I would post pictures but I mean Im sure you can picture exactly what Im explaining:
    A seedling laying on the soil.

What am I doing wrong?

2. is the soil staying moist? whats your ventilation/airflow setup?
    i have soem seeds germinating and have yet to install ventilation so im kinda worried soemthing like whats happening to may happen to me unless i get that ventilation setup asap

3. Thanks for the response,

I have good air circulating through my grow tent. Have 2 fans blowing in and out fresh air. No intake or exhaust fans but that's cuz I have a window open bringin in cool air(I live in a nice climate) so I don't think it's the air circulation that's the problem. It does get a lil hot in the tent but nothing that my other plants can't handle...

This is the third seedling that has just flopped over, over night. Not dead or anything, just limp on the ground

4. Whats your light schedule for them? 18/6 , 20/4 , etc.

5. I had the same problem after coming home from a long weekend. It was a moisture issue. Get them in your permenant grow container and add water. That helped me and they stood up in a matter of hours. Hope this helps

6. I have my seedlings under a 62 Watt CFL puts out 3,900 lumens 24 hrs a day.
    But that was just that day becuz when I woke up they were slumped over...

But yes, usaully I just have em under 24/7

7. So u transplanted them to a large container and they were fine?
    When u say moisture problem do you mean too much or too little?

8. to little moisture

9. Alittle rooting mix with vitemin B might help also

10. I'd say your problem is too much light at an early age.. Usually it is best to start out 18/6 then work your way up to 24/0 about 3 weeks down the road. Reason why is the seedlings produce roots when the lights are off and if you never have them off they don't have anytime to root therefore their stems won't be strong enough to hold them up.

Usually it is better to wait until you have a good root ball to transplant into a bigger container as well.