Once a stoner, always a stoner?

Discussion in 'General' started by In My Zone, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Would you say that once you're a stoner, you're always a stoner?

like if i were to quit weed because of a job, or getting older or whatever. will i always be a stoner???

and im not some stupid pothead teenager trying to be cool or whatever, i just love the herb for everything it is (obviously, since im posting on the gc).

so will i always be a stoner no matter how much weed i smoke? or do you have to be smoking weed to be a true stoner?

i feel like i know the ways of stonership and i will always be able to appreciate the herb, no matter how much of it im doing. so if i ever quit weed (hopefully this will never happen), will i be a stoner til the day i die or eventually will i lose "it"?

in before "ITS NOT A CONTEST OF BEING THE BIGGEST STONER YOU CAN BE"

i know that, its just i love the culture that surrounds being a stoner and never wanna lose that

your thoughts?

2. I see a stoner as someone who regularly tokes. I define a pothead as someone who smokes everyday, for a lot of the day. For someone who isn't smoking because of a job, then to me they aren't stoners, but more like Weed Enthusiast if that makes any sense.

3. “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”

Even if you stop the fact that it was part of you for a time is going to be integral to the you of this moment. How can I say it? :confused:

4. damn i just realised im a pothead

5. I realize that if I were to quit smoking weed tommorow, I am certain I would have those memories of being a "stoner" for the rest of my life. Memories never die, for that reason I believe, once a stoner always a stoner.

6. The experiences gained through altered consciousness cannot just be erased. And for people who smoke regularly, pot has likely influenced you as a person.

Unless you totally change your personality and who you are in general, you still have the spirit and experience of a stoner.

7. "and im not some stupid pothead teenager trying to be cool or whatever"

Then why is it you seem to want the title of a 'stoner' if you stop smoking weed. It's just a label, who cares if people think you're a stoner or not? It's almost like your saying it's 'cool' to be a stoner and want to be one even if you stop.

But I guess if you quit smoking but were a stoner for a while you'd still have that mentality of a stoner, so you'd basically just be a stoner that doesnt get stoned.

8. Not necessarily always a stoner, but someone that will always respect the community and marijuana for what it is. That is if you are smoking for the "right" reasons. Not just to be cool.