Ona Block

Discussion in 'Security' started by Indi Iri, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Has anyone has luck with the product Ona Block or Ona Gel when going through flowering? Any feed back is appreciated, at this time I cant afford to do an exhaust with a charcoal filter, as I know that is the best way to eliminate smells during flowering.

2. I've heard that it will work for 1 or 2 plants but is not a very good substitute for a carbon filter. In my opinion, you cant skimp when it comes to security.

3. use it with filter, i stick it a ft down the ducting.

4. I'm not overly worried about it, I live very isolated, its not a security issue as much as it is an issue of not having people over at my house until its all harvested and cured. I can play it off with fellow smokers by just saying that I smoked some good good, none of them have ever grown so wont be any the wiser, I just cant invite my parents over which I dont really do to begin with since I usually stop by their house for visits.

5. you will go through about one a week £10 around abouts are they?
    flower cycle 8- x amount of weeks get a good rhino filter and it will last longer and be cheaper in long run.

6. Where do you purchase rhino filters from

7. Would an air purifier with a carbon filter clear up a good chunk of the smell?

8. check out Utube. I saw a cool homemade charcoal filter there made up of a cannister about 1 gallon. The are a couple there that are garbage but i liked that one. I think i am gonna try it before i go buy the real deal. Problem i find when researching the retail ones is that the are too noisy. like 69dB When it in yer garage if you have close neighbours they will hear that

9. where can you buy ONA in australia ? i've looked everywhere !!! bunnings and mitre10 (hardware stores) woolworths, coles, big w (supermarkets) and even hydro shops !

10. They may not sell it there but I bet they would have a substitute for it. Try a janitorial/industrial cleaning type of company for some sort of odor control.

11. Ona is a good cover, but I have found it best suited for a supplimental measure.

I've used the block and the gel, but would not trust either to 'eliminate' any odour. Its function is to cover it up. With frequent use the block dries out quickly as does the gel, though I find the gel lasts longer and you can buy replenishing liquid that extends the life.

But as you said, the best thing to truly eliminate odour is a carbon filter.

If you can afford, say, $100-$150 you can get an all-in-one Foothills Carbon Odour Scrubber from eBay.

foothill-carbon-filters | eBay

They come with a 1 year warranty and will effectively scrub a standard room. I've read good reports about them, plus you can empty and refill the carbon yourself. Bulk carbon isn't that expensive, though you should have to worry about replacing it for at least a year or two (depending on environmental conditions – high humidity will shorten the lifespan -- and amount of use).

As mentioned, the Ona products wear out pretty quickly when used over expended periods. It may be cheaper in the long run to go with a quality affordable filter.

Here is one of their $115 models (other models are available), which should do well enough for a few plants. Just put it in the room and it should scrub the air well enough. Then you can save an Ona block for when you have company over, as a precautionary measure.

6 X 14 ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER ODOR SCRUBBER 130 CFM | eBay

[​IMG]

12. As far as scented odor eliminators go, ona is freaking awesome. I havent found anything that eliminates odor as quickly or completely as ona. However, for a grow it is no substitute for a carbon filter. I have a carbon filter, and use ona for any residual odors. After using it, I would by ona just for house air freshener over anything you find at your local stores even if I wasnt growing.

13. I use Ona and it works, only because I grow one at a time, just for me. I get the cheaper version at Home Depot, $3.75 each. I also have a diy carbon filter which I do not use, because I do not need it. But regardless you should have one because it is better to have and not need, then to need and not have. If you are worried about money they are easy to build and you can find out how through threads here, and checking youtube. But yes Ebay has great prices on these and other items if you wish to buy. I got all of my lights and ballast, grow tent, exhaust and room fan on ebay. Whatever route you choose may you always be successful!

14. Old thread but just want to put this out there as it's not mentioned enough, if you can smell your ona gel in your flowering chamber it will effect the product. Personal experience taught me to be wary after some bad advice from a friend.