On the other hand.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Pete7066, Feb 5, 2006.

1. I have this plant growing. It looks fine but from these far away pictures, is there any tips anyone could give me on better growing. I have since moved the plants off the table and put them on the floor. I then moved the light completely and directly over both the plants. Will that affect anything and also should i clip certain leaves. I hear from friends i should but i like internet opinions better. any clipping ideas.

Attached Files:

2. Yes,

1. do not keep the light so far away, its why your plant is so tall, yuo want a compact plant the leaves should be as close as possible together, right now you will have small popcorn buds just at each leaf stem instead of a long bud.

I cant tell from that picture but is that flourescent in the desklamp??? if not change that to flourescent.

Also search the forum for fimming, and use that technique.

New growers seem to always complain when there plant is staying short and bushy and asking how they can make it taller, you dont want it taller,,, you want it to grow so that each node (leaf stem exit) is as close as possible to the next set, not a long stringy plant.

Its time to put that to flower, switch it to 12/12... hopefully you get a joint or 2 out of it.

3. No, that is a plant light i bought at home depot. Now the light is directly over the plants and the small chronic plant is very far from the light. I just posted too i need alot of help. What should i do NOW to get better buds. I'm not sure wat type of light it is. Its 120W plant light. Its specifically sold for plants. Im completely on my own with growing. I appreciate all type of help. What would you do. I am intending on keeping plant after harvest and re-blooming it. What should i do, what would you do.

4. i was talking abut the bean stalk.

Like i said you want flourescent bulbs or HID bulbs, and they ahve to be CLOSE not Far away or you will end up like your tall plant again.

Plant light does not specifically mean its for growing plants, could be for displaying plants as well.

I would change that if i were you and move the flourscent bulb to 3 or 4 inches away from the top of the plant.

5. like this!

Nexxus' picture

[​IMG]

6. im not an expert, but that light gets that area hot. Im not 100% on it but more like 80% sure it is used for growing plants. Regardless when my broke ass gets enough money i will buy a more efficient light. Im working with wat i got. Is it okay to put around an 8' inch chronic plant, thats budding, to the right of a light or will it affects its growth or make it turn to the right. As of now its about 4 feet away from the light and has been like that for about 5 days. Should i move it to the right of the light to get more light. Its already budding. I appreciate your info, but how could i fix my stress to get more buds. Should i start chopping some leaves at the top to make it bushier, or so i've heard.

7. That looks like a plan. I will do that very, very, very soon. I just seen your set-up. I have another question tho. I understand that its movies and not real, but what about those beanstalks so vividly shown with buds in so many movies. How do i get branches of buds like from i/e "blow, cheech and chong, rolling kansas". I want those branches.

8. Its INCANDESCENT LIGHT!!!! NO GOOD...

If you dont know what incandescent is... its any light that uses a filament to create light.

In other words if you look inside the bulb you will see 2 wires with a coil thin wire between them... they are NOT for growing.

Other key factor its not a flourescent is the fact that its creating so much heat, only lights that create so much heat is HID and Incandescent, and i can tell you with 100% certainty that that is not an HID light.

Get rid of it, its no good, replace the bulb with a compact floursecent screw in bulb.

9. If its already budding there is nothing you can do.

To flower you need to have that plant in a differnent area with its own light thats on 12 hours a day and off 12 hours a day.

the new plant needs to be under light 18 hours a day and 6 hours off.

both have to be under either HID lighting or Flourescents and VERY close to the plant.

10. Yes, that light is what you just posted it is. I have no means of getting a flourescent light at least for the next 2 weeks. I, regardless of what i feel, have to leave it because i cant switch it and cant leave it in the dark cuz im pretty sure its budding. Next plant will be grown the way you posted definetely, but what is going to happen to this plant.

11. Also what are the white threads growing from the sprouts. Is that bad.

12. a flourescent screw in bulb is 5 bucks at home depot or the like store,,, impossible you cant get one for another 2 weeks.... check the couch for loose cahnge or something..

in 2 weeks that new plant of yours will have stretched beyond recognition and be another waste of a plant.

13. I thought it would be more expensive. I will go and get that bulb. What should i do with the chronic and again what is that white thread growing from the sprouts. Will the flourescent stop it from growing taller. My chronic is budding already and i've had it 12 and 12 since i first grew it. I know thats bad but im very very new. Also would putting the chronic not directly underneath but an angle affect its growth pattern. Its budding and has no smell. Any words on this. I SERIOUSLY AND TRULY APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU've told me.