on the job hunt

Discussion in 'General' started by Reo, Oct 14, 2015.

1. #1 Reo, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    its pissing me off.
    so I just moved into a new city. I have a general idea of what's around but am so limited. as to what I can work. and how far away it is..... fuck my work drive is overloading and nothing as of right now.... rrrr
    how about you blades? any tips trick or stories that could help me out?

2. One tip would be is to take a breather and try to calm down. Continue to job hunt but do not stress out about it so much, you will find a job. One thing to do is look up your local area online and see what is jobs are hiring right now.

3. what age, experience and education? what general part of the country (if US) or the world (if outside the US)? what sort of transportation do you have to rely upon?

4. #4 puddleglum, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Take a writing class at your local community college? You might not think it's "fair," but potential employers WILL judge you on your spelling, grammar, and punctuation (or lack thereof). Good communication skills = higher paying jobs.

5. im in central southern on, Canada, I got my bike. and time restraints I have a college course 9-2:30pm
    been looking over the classifieds for the last couple hours. checked some local stores out and nada......
    I have my g3 gas licence and a focus in machining , along with experience in quality control, warehouse order picking, other odd jobs, plus a pretty good grasp of stuff and can easily conceptualize processes and mechanics

6. They SHOULD judge an applicant on those things. Especially in any sort of a position that even remotely hinges upon the preparation of technical reports. However, it is not as though we are expecting everyone to grasp the nuance of an Oxford comma :)

7. That pretty much limits you to overnight work then as few employers do a split shift for that big of a period of time. Not having anything but a bicycle also severely limits you. Hopefully you can find something that does not require you to ask someone if they 'want fries with that.'

Finish your degree and other options should become available. In the interim, however, you can still make use of campus job placement services. Many college students overlook them altogether, but they typically get a lot of local part-time positions from employers that understand they are hiring a student...

8. Just keep searching and never give up hope. It took me almost 2 years to find a descent job after I lost my old one.

Search high and low. You will find something soon enough.

9. It's difficult to find a job in southern Ontario, if you have any contacts, use them.