On the brink: Big moments in General Assembly for marijuana, minimum wage Saturday

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by claygooding, Apr 5, 2014.

1. #1 claygooding, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
    On the brink: Big moments in General Assembly for marijuana, minimum wage Saturday
    \n\nMaryland
    \n\nEarlier this week, the Judiciary Committee downgraded Senate Bill 364 from a bill to decriminalize pot to a bill that would authorize a study of decriminalizing the drug.
    But Friday, before the bill was scheduled for a final vote on the House floor, Mitchell proposed an amendment to strip the committee's changes and restore the bill to its old form. Debate and a vote on Mitchell's amendment was immediately postponed to Saturday. “snip”
    I have checked the website and no webcast links there I could find,,,perhaps someone reminded legislators that there were plenty of federal studies to pick from,,,since they all recommended decriminalization or legalization and were ignored.

2. yeah those studies can take a hike!  it is like, here go study this, but wait- you cannot study this because all studies are banned because of how we view the study material so submit your study proposals all you want and we will stall and delay to the ends of time- why? because studies are banned for this substance- didn't we already say that??

it is like living life with every outcome already prohibited so the result can only be blocked and prohibited, what kind of life is that

3. where pot was legalized, crime went down...easy thing to check...two whole states full of police stations with empty cells as proof...(no potheads locked up)

arrests---down

highwaydeaths---down

suicides---down

DEA provided police influence buying---down

5. #5 ocsurfer, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014

I believe that "Mitchell" was a member of, or the head of, a black caucus.

Maybe we are seeing the power of a minority caucus standing up against racist drug laws, and the rest of the legislative body going along in agreement?

The racism angle is one of the strongest arguments for legalization - equal protection clause!

doritos sales - wayyyyyyyyy  up