On probation like me today?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mo King, Apr 20, 2012.

1. What's good blades, not everyone can celebrate today due to various legal troubles, so share what you're doing to celebrate (or not) whilst under the governments thumb and if you'd like, why you're there in the first place!

I'm on proby for having a boxed car in a part of town I was unfamiliar with, so since ive got a dt in two days I'm spending all day at work to take my mind off how much fun my friends are having ha. What's your story?

2. I got off probation last week! But I still have meetings at a drug recovery center, but my last meetings in 5 days and will most likely drug test me since its my last meeting and 5 days after 4/20.. So yeh I've been gettin clean latley so I think its safe to smoke, but can't smoke to much which sucks :(
    I got probo for being caught with weed and a pipe at school, fuckin snitches..

3. Ya I know how that bullshit goes I did 2 years of probation but ya gotta remember it is better than bieng in jail! Trust me I know! Dont worry because when ya get off that first smoke is AMAZING as well as when your PO signs your release papers! One of the best feelings in the world! How long are ya on probation if ya dont mind me asking?

4. I got off probation today!

5. Im on probo... ill be taking a hit or 2 of the lemon skunk i have.... ive takin hits plenty of times the day before tests, i just dilute and take creatine lol

but ill probably be driving my high ass friends around town making sure they can get to food and such

6. I can't smoke, but I'm not on probation. I go to boot camp in 2 weeks, where I'll have to pass a drug test or I'm disqualified. It's been my dream to join the Military since I was 14, so this is something I definitely don't want to screw up..

7. Hell yeah man. Life first, then herb. Way to be :smoke:

8. I feel your pain mane, not being able to smoke with all your hommies sucks. Probation blows but I usually just take "maskers" or "cleansers" but got a guilty plea hearing in 5 days so been trying to stay clean seeing as I could be put in jail and tested without the availability of cleansers. Fuckin government bullshit

9. Fresh off of probation 1 week ago :smoke: lifes good :cool:

10. I got it real easy! 3 months

11. i've been on probo since '09, on a residential burglary charge. luckily, i've only been DT'd twice since then.

it probably has something to do with my non-related drug charge, but hell, i ain't complaining.

and since i don't have a steady ride, my PO sends out a letter in the mail 30 days on advance to meet him at his office.

i'm living what you call, a stress-free life, somewhat.

12. I will be most likely starting in May. I'm just thankful I can enjoy this holiday before it starts!

13. On it, hasn't stopped me any other day since I've been on it, won't stop me today.

At this point it's down to unsupervised completely. Damn near Bench Probation so w/e. I've been on some sort of probation for the last decade, minus a month or 2. 20+ Driving while suspended all still just 3rd degree. Being nice to them helps. At the moment though, i'm wrapping up the last few weeks of Deferred Prosecution for something else.

I didn't read your journal, but a general piece of advice i give friends is..Once you truly accept responsibility for your actions it makes moving on a lot easier. You tend to not hold the same sort of toxic resentment towards yourself like you would towards someone else. Even if you were truly wronged during the events and the concept is a bit of a lie, it only benefits you when you let go.

Don't get it wrong, Fuck the courts. But dwelling doesn't help you

14. damnn. this took me a good half a year to fully comprehend and believe...so true tho. and you didnt even read it haha

15. I just wanna say that jmosley and mudd nearly moved me to tears tonight. I've been coming down really hard on myself this past month and have been depressed in isolated incidents. Thank you both for your inspirational words. They truly made a difference to me. Thank you.

16. just keep truckin man...thats really all you can do.

I was overly hard on myself... if I realized I was having a good time and in the moment (ie, not dwelling on my current predicament) I would quickly be like "oh wait, you're a fuck up and shits never going to be the same." i dont know if you do that, but it's not healthy.

another thing thats not healthy is blaming other people. i blamed my current girlfriend and her friend. its nothing but negative energy going through you man...youve got enough of that as it is probably.

Im gonna be sober till Feb 7th 2013...most likely, unless im blessed by the high heavens and get off early. All i can say from my time on probation is don't let it consume you! there is a bunch of other fun stuff you can do. don't just keep dwelling on the fact that you can' party. go out and have sober fun

It will get better.

17. Wow... damn dude you fucking hit the nail on the head. The entire reason I was pulled over was due to an illegal turn (my gf at the time had me take a left, I had no idea where I was going) onto a one-way ramp. This whole time I've been blaming her, and it was easy to because each time I'd tell the story everyone would say "Damn dude, if only she gave you better directions" so naturally, blaming her was easy. But I can't anymore. The steering wheel was in my hands. I have eyes that work, I could have read the street signs. It was my responsibility, my actions. My fault. And I'm coming to terms with it now. This was the best thread I ever made in my opinion. Big time healing going on. Thanks everybody. When I'm off, the first bowl I smoke will be for everyone in this thread.

18. shiiiiit man... when i was going to drop the girl off i announced to the car, should i turn here and take it up to the road she lived on. both people were like nahh keep going and take the other road up, its faster. i got pulled over on the way to the other road... every night i replayed that little memory. i dont know how but i let go, as the other poster said above, its much easier to forgive yourself than someone else.

edit: good luck everyone.