On one hand I want to support the gay culture

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by rwilliams, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Actually, yes, all of your examples are people. Maybe not the nicest or most honorable of people, but they're still human beings.

2. but there feelings dont matter. and they dont deserve to live.

3. That's a matter of opinion. And that's beside the point. What do they have to do with homosexuals? Are you suggesting that consensual, loving homosexual activity is on par with child molestation?

4. ^yeah, reefer. they're sick people. that have potential to get better.

5. Wow I'm backing out of this thread... ... wow.

6. I have no problems with people's sexual orientation, whatever floats yer boat (as long as it doesn't involve kids, animals et al)...

I did however chuckle at a quote once. I think Le Gren will appreciate this....

In Uk we have a gay rights activist called Peter Tatchell. A more irritating little prick you'd be hard pushed to come across. Forever spouting on about discrimination against gays etc. He's not quite so vocal and hardline as he used to be years ago, but basically his ethos back then was pretty much that there were two types of people: gays, and people who hated gays.

Now for the quote. I think it was Ian Hislop that said this, but I'm not 100% sure......

"I don't dislike Peter Tatchell because he's gay, I dislike him because he's Peter Tatchell..."

Funny as hell, but also goes to illustrate that people should be judged on merit as opposed to their sexual preferences....

7. Gay, Bi, Straight... if you give a fuck you're concentrating on the WRONG things in life.

I've often thought the "gays come onto me" argument a bit stupid... a LOT stupid.
    1- the people who use that argument are fucking BUG FUCKIN UGLY. Being gay doesn't make you blind.
    2- so a gay person comes onto you. So? Shit it's no worse than an ugly chick coming onto you. I'm not all for getting rid of ugly chicks...

A funny conversation I had with a gay dude:
    Him: You're not gay are you?
    Me: Nope.
    Him: Shame.
    Me: Smooth bastard. Haha.

That actually made my day- felt all flattered.

8. I have nothing against gay people. I am friends with more than a few.

But one of them decided to get me drunk and try to take advantage of me...

Wow, i can't believe i'm putting this on the internet.

Anyways, i'm not getting into details but it was a pretty bad experience. I was too drunk to do anything, and well....

Sadly, i don't talk to the guy anymore. But it's not because he's gay, it's because he used me - well at least i feel. That was his purpose of making me drink so much

9. Know what'd be funny? If someone came in here screaming "I HATE THOSE GODDAMN FAGGOTS!!!" and the flaming that would insue. Like everyone else said, it's just one piece of the infinite puzzle that is someone's personality.

10. I don't have a problem with gays. My aunt is gay, and her and her partner are some of the coolest people I know. I have a lot in common with my aunt; she's an independent film critic, she was a hippie in the 60's and lived in the east village for quite some time. She's been to Cuba before, and there's a picture of her shaking hands with Fidel Castro. I respect her and revere her a lot. I don't have any gay friends, but I don't actually have many friends in general. I'm sure I will meet some next year in college because I'm going to a very liberal Art School, and wouldn't mind being friends with some if they are cool kids in general.

However, I feel that I get uncomfortable around VERY flamboyant gays. I don't know if I'll ever get over that.

11. At least you recognize that it isn't a choice... i think..

12. Around certain groups of people I kind of do. But my sister is an actress so like half of her actor male friends are gay, so im around them alot and whenever I feel pressured by the certain gay bashing people and they start bashing them I give them shit.

13. forgive my impertinance but...

no one is "gay". no one is "straight" either. not at our cores. we're all something closer to "bi" going by our biology and so on.... it's just our upbringing and so on that shapes us. sure we can have the "gay gene" but it's society and our environment that plays the biggest role in shaping our preference.
    #

i.m.i.o.

14. it all boils down to nature vs. nurture...

15. I honestly dont care if someone is gay or straight or wants to make love to his toaster, doesnt bother me. I just dont like hearing about it, whether it happens to be gay love or straight love, i dont see the need for a whole culture and lifestyle.

In my opinion, many gay people bring the bashing upon themselves when they act in a completely steriotypical, overtly femine fashion or in the case of some lesbians, and overtly masculine fashion. If they just lived and acted as others, people wouldnt care as much. Insted I think a large percentage of people dislike gay people because they act like the complete opposite of the average joe/jane.

16. yups..... except maybe less "vs".

or maybe its nature vs nurture vs toaster. :eek: :p

nature can nurture.

17. As long as a person isn't screwing little kidsit does not matter wtf they CHOOSE to do. Just leave me out of it.

18. Its amazing that one of the major issues of our time is a preoccupation with what other people do in the privacy of their bedroom.

There are people having sex with animals, and defenseless childeren, and couch cushions. Wont somebody please think of the couch cushions?

19. i'd give ya rep, but i'm all out for this 24hours.

no one thinks of the cusions. they can't dry out or fight back. it's just not right. poor cusions.

won't someone think of the people who have to sit on those cusions too?! :eek:

20. On the contrary- bad people deserve to live for two reasons: so they can suffer for their wrongdoings, and so they have the opportunity to change.

Anyways I have no problem with gay people, they are just like any different culture they have their good the bad and the ugly.

It's the person themselves, and not their sexual preferance that defines their character.

-TheCollector