? on fluorescent tubes

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GrtPlnsGrower, Dec 19, 2008.

1. I have a question on the flourescent tubes. I want to add some tubes to my cab to supplement my cfls. I see t 5 t8 and t 12. I cant find the t5 in my area. Will the t8 or t12 work ? Also the bulbs I looked at in my store are only like 3000k . Will that be ok with the 12 6500k cfls ? Just dont want to spend the money if they really wont help that much.

2. t5s best way to go.look on ebay or go to htgsuppy.com

3. How many CFLs do you have right now. Personally I think cfls are great, but supplementing them with tubes would not really be worth it unles you were going to use T5's. I would just get some y-splitters and double up the cfl's. Easier, cheaper, and more efficient than the t8's

4. Right now I have 12 6500k cfl's in a 30" x 30" x 60" cab. The cab is standing upright (with the 60} up and down. I want to use this for my mother/clone cab. I want to lay the cab horizontal and put the t-5 strip to the top and be able to drop the cfl's along the side of the plants. Once they (the mothers ) are cloned, I will Keep the clones there till they are rooted and stable. I have an area that is 4 ft x 8ft x 8ft to grow out the clones. For that room I will use 2 600 w hps. I have 6 plants in the cab now they are 3 1/2 weeks old, about 8" tall but are wider than they are tall, thats why I want to lay the cab over and install a 4 ft 6 light t5 set up to give them more horizontal room. So .... should I go with the t5, t8 or just buy more cfl's ?

5. Sounds fine to me. THat would definately be enough cfls for a box that small. my mommy area is about that size and I have 8-26watt cfls. You got any pics of your setup yet?