On a low budget or no DIY skills for Odor Control, take a peak

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jcj77d, Aug 13, 2011.

1. I thought id toss this out for people looking for a simple odor control for your grow, its pretty cheap, & says its good for up to a 10'x10' room.

TrueAir Room Odor Eliminator Air Cleaner Only $27.99

& im sure you DIY GC'ers out there could do something with it as well.

2. Very cool find, I've been thinking about rigging a 4' duct fan with a homemade carbon filter on the on the exhaust so circulate air as well as filter it but this seems like a cheaper alternative.

3. i would just say invest in some ona gel works real well and not too expensive

4. some ppl report that ona effects the taste of the buds

5. i dont stick it in my grow site i stick it in each room never tasted like it to me

6. I am hugely skeptical. That thing looks pretty small to tackle the deep stink of growing MJ, and besides it isn't a closed ventilation system, so after it cleanses air it exhausts it right back into the grow space to mix back in with the stinky air. It might work for a micro grow, but I can't imagine it working on a 10x10 grow room or even a quarter that size.

7. I have been using ona blocks for months...no issues..

8. i was kinda thinking the same

9. It actually says it "traps/neutralizes the odors."

If it does what it claims, there's no problem it seems.

10. Oh, well, then it must be true. Advertising never stretches the truth... :rolleyes:

The issue is: "works" on what? A musty odor, maybe so. But the thick, pungent, penetrating odor of an MJ grow? No way.

11. That's why I said, "*IF it does what it claims."

IF it does, then there's a possibility for success.

But then again, how could anyone possibly know unless they've tried it.

Which apparently...

12. Personally, I have never had any issue with the ona liquid changing the taste or smell of my buds. I have never heard of this until now. Maybe people had it to close to the plants or they didn't have enough air circulation. These are just guesses though. :smoke:

13. i wonder if you take the ona gel out for a day or two, see what it smells like after it out, then bring it back in and see if it really cuts down on the oder. i wouldnt think it would really do much though

Grasscity Deals Near You