ominous text message

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thatbakedbitch, Aug 1, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Prism Tino"']

...you're asking if its normal to worry about somebody who is potentionally in danger?

Sure it is...obviously

but is it healthy to worry about somebody who is potentially a thousand miles away, potentionally not the person he showed himself to be, and potentially totally fine? And somebody who you have no way of contacting, or otherwise travelling to go see in person? and somebody you met online?

That is not healthy. Online friends are different than in-person friends just like phone sex is different than in-person sex. If I have to explain the details on that one, then it's no point for me to even type this post for it to make sense to you. I'd drop it and sleep safely until this dude contacts you back. If he doesn't, I suppose he isn't able to for whatever reason. :rolleyes:

I think it's pathetic not because you're worried about the dude, which shows you have nice empathy, but it's pathetic putting your dice into a bag that potentially has no bottom. You end up shooting yourself in the foot and wasting time for somebody who can vanish in a moment's notice (like he happened to do) without a way for you to GO to his house and check up on him. Like any normal friends do. You're trying to make connections through a fault. Which makes no sense in the long run

Worrying about that, which is essentially what you have no control over, is pretty pathetic to me. But not the fact you care about him. That's a good thing. I hope I made my points clear[/quote]

This x999999999999999999999999567346746420420420420420420420420

2. [quote name='"Prism Tino"']

Idk, something about long distance friends (especially random people who add you on social media sites *weird...*) makes me think the people in the friendship cant handle face to face interactions on a day-to-day basis. I've known a couple of people with distance friends, they were either overweight, insecure, creepy, or a combination of three. :p
    call me crazy but theres really no reason you should seek friends that live 2000 miles away, what's the point of that? all you can do is text back and forth. can't go to the beach with em, movies, out to eat, etc.

nothing you can do with an online friend that you can't do, and more, with a real one...[/quote]

if all my friends were online I'd understand the issue, but having a few friends you met via social networking really isn't creepy. I have a wide variety of friends that I've met in many many different places. don't get why it makes a difference how I met him. it's not really in my control if I meet someone online that I click with.

3. I personally wouldn't be able to sleep without calling. If he's fine I doubt he'd get creeped out by the call anyway, just showing you care right?

4. I don't see what's so weird about making sure the dude's okay. If the OP prevents the guy from topping himself, surely that's worth whatever "weirdness" is implied by their online friendship.

5. this thread is trippy. is he alive?

6. This dude sounds like an emotional mess, take a few minutes and examine the situation. It seems like he wants you to know he is depressed so you will tell him how much you care and how much he means to you. To me it sounds like he is a glutton for empathy and wants you to feel bad for him, I have seen situations like this before and I bet he got a little over zealous with the details.

Just by the verbage of your post it sounds like you are a young, slightly niave girl with some growing up to do. This boy is not someone to loose sleep over, you don't even really know him do you? Take a step back and think about what he gains from this sob story, I bet you anything he is fishing for some sympathy, and you keep giving it to him, so the story is just going to get more elaborate and depressing.

Have you ever considered that his potential manipulation of the facts is a ploy for some attention? It jumps out at me.

Of course I hope all is well and he hasn't harmed himself, but it seems likely that he just wants to be noticed by a girl.

7. Dude, just call him. >__<

8. maybe hes cutting you off lol

i mean whats the point if youre never gonna meet?

9. I totally know what you mean about havin long distance friends...

I still keep in touch with a few from habbo, there's one I talk to probably 3 days out of the week still, he's been my best friend for like 7 years.

But nothin' more then that, since our birthdays are 3 days apart we're goin to vegas when we turn 21 :smoke:.

But anyway, id just hope for the best...try to find his mother on facebook.

10. exactly what I was thinking. Im sure her emotions are "real" enough in the sense that she's intensely feeling them, but are they sensical? Idk, after years of experience in the living, breathing world, some things seem deep and some things smell instantly plastic.

11. [quote name='"Padre Pokes CHB"']This dude sounds like an emotional mess, take a few minutes and examine the situation. It seems like he wants you to know he is depressed so you will tell him how much you care and how much he means to you. To me it sounds like he is a glutton for empathy and wants you to feel bad for him, I have seen situations like this before and I bet he got a little over zealous with the details.

Just by the verbage of your post it sounds like you are a young, slightly niave girl with some growing up to do. This boy is not someone to loose sleep over, you don't even really know him do you? Take a step back and think about what he gains from this sob story, I bet you anything he is fishing for some sympathy, and you keep giving it to him, so the story is just going to get more elaborate and depressing.

Have you ever considered that his potential manipulation of the facts is a ploy for some attention? It jumps out at me.

Of course I hope all is well and he hasn't harmed himself, but it seems likely that he just wants to be noticed by a girl.[/quote]

sure I'm young and slightly naive, I won't deny that. and I have considered what you're saying at one point.

he ended up texting me which was a little weird after the ominous text. had an 'accident'. don't know if I believe it, but so be it. at least someone that I care for is safe, despite if the whole thing was simple manipulation.

you asked if I really know him and my answer is, we've talked for most of my adolescence and have been there for each other through complicated times and what have you. despite the fact he's far away, I do feel like I really know him. that probably makes me young and naive but it's not like my feelings for a dear friend are going to be easy to erase, despite any holes in the story.

12. what if he is busy too?

13. [quote name='"gnartarded"']what if he is busy too?[/quote]

of course I would figure that if he didn't reply at all, but the weird reply from someone who was not him was what made it strange.

anyway, I already posted that he was hospitalized so that solves that mystery lol.

14. #34 weepingduck, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    Don't hive him attention.

Done.