Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

OMG today was my first time having a panic attack

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by saugapot, Nov 19, 2011.

1. #41 Deleted member 97913, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
    truest shit you ever wrote :p Edit: above is some real shit too :laughing:

but really, we were hot boxing a two person ice shanny and my buddy stood up after sitting funny for a half an hour and just ate shit :laughing:

he went down hard, hit a closet door, which in turn broke a wooden coat rack :laughing: so fucked up lol

2. I have panic attacks quite regularly and never have I ever thought I was going to have a heart attack.... it has nothing to do with it :/

That doesn't = panic attack tho, man. That's just "being too high".

EXACTLY :D That's no panic attack.... that's just HIIIIGHNESS

just wanted to add my 2 cents... after reading the posts.. it just seems like the OP got really high..

there is a huge difference between being really high and having a panic attack.... So many people refer to things that aren't panic attacks as panic attacks... it's so not the same :(

As someone to has panic attacks a lot... they are seriously debilitating.. its like you have no control over your ability to react for that short period of time.. the panic pours in :(

3. naw, i've gone to the emergency room over this shit before.

just look up anxiety attack and there will ALWAYS be mentioning of paranoia about a heart attack.

my heart will be racing like fuck, my whole body will go numb, chest pain, chest tightness, my throat feels like its gonna close, my experiences are textbook panic attacks, confirmed by doctors and psychiatrists both.

4. smoke weed erryday! and be busy quelling anxiety erryday!

lol i would do that if i wasn't in such a shitty position in life atm, which i'm trying to change

5. Panic attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"fear that they're having a heart attack"

i see all my symptoms, hot and cold sensations, feeling of dying, going crazy, hyperventilation, feelings of choking/smothering.

i've had this shit for a year and a half now, i would know.

6. Study Links Panic Disorder and Heart Disease

7. Why would you go to the ER for being TOO HIGH?!?!? That's a waste of money, dude. That's not a panic attack.... and it sounds like most of that is in your head.

They say people think they're having a heart attack the first time they have a panic attack.... Not subsequent panic attacks. If you think you're having a heart attack everytime, its all in your head... and you're a hypochrondriac.. you are not having a panic attack - they are VERY DIFFERENT THINGS.

And just because one doctor says you had one doesn't mean anything - I've seen plenty of doctors misdiagnose people with anxiety when it was something completely different.

Your "symptoms" are that of someone who smoked too much weed, not someone having a panic attack. Based on the mere fact that you said this only happens after you smoke weed.

8. yea i've had this stuff sober a lot too. and that's exactly the definition of panic attacks, lol.

and yes, you are right, i am hypochondriac.

and no, lol, my symptoms EXACTLY fit the panic attack symptoms lol.

how can you say that they are not panic attacks?

what's the disorder called for smoking too much weed? c'mon, haha.

also i'd way trust doctors and psychiatrists over some girl stoner on the internet, no offense

9. :D Don't forget brain tumors:D

Damage to the right dorsal anterior cingulat... [J Affect Disord. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

10. Everything you've described sounds like you've just smoked too much weed.
    Panic attacks are very different... and what you described is something in your head from smoking too much weed... and now you're backpedaling.. but that's ok.

And no, not a girl stoner. A woman psychology major... who has suffered from anxiety for well over a decade herself. Just saying, don't call it a panic attack and make "panic attacks" seem like things EVERYONE suffers from, when its really part of a debilitating illness and not just some random thing that happens to people.

11. So bottom line, the OP's panic attack was due to the weed.

12. ok then. How would you explain that a lot of my first panic attacks were completely sober?

then what would you diagnose me with?

I never said that everyone suffers from anxiety attacks. And yes, I completely agree, it IS definitely a debilitating illness, it has changed my entire perspective and appreciation of life.

I would never doubt for a moment how powerful of an experience an anxiety attack is.

panic attacks are very different? how?

13. No... bottom line.. OP didn't have a panic attack
    OP just smoked too much and made himself paranoid bc he must already be a paranoid person.

Weed does not cause paranoia in people not already susceptible to being paranoid.

I have an anxiety disorder and I smoke weed to help alleviate the symptoms of anxiety... it doesn't CAUSE anxiety... nor does it increase it.. but then again, it depends on what strain you're smoking too... and if your mind isn't in the right place when you smoke, then you're already off to a bad start..

14. I just realized you aren't the OP - my previous statements were addressed to the OP.... not sure why you're arguing with me

also... there IS a disorder for smoking too much weed. It's called Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome

15. that's exactly what i'm like. I have to be in a good mood (rare nowadays) to smoke and have a good time.

sativas are way better for my anxiety cuz it makes me rational about anxiety and like "mind over matter" you could say haha.

and yea i definitely agree. it's impossible for weed to cause anxiety, but it can bring it out if you are already susceptible to it.

16. This can be ruled out by simple blood test:)

Pheochromocytoma Crisis, Cardiomyopathy, and Hemodynamic Collapse*

17. Yeah this always happens to me when I smoke too much bud. I just start panicking, this horrible uncontrollable feeling comes over me... That I might not have enough bud to toke the next morning. :smoking: