OMG, so the cops nearly got us

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by greenuser8, Jan 28, 2016.

1. #1 greenuser8, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
    Tonight I was smoking for the first time in two weeks with my friend in a big neighborhood, and a cop drives by, goes to the end part of the neighborhood where we usually go (we didn't this night for the first time) and flashes his light everywhere there looking at the cars/sidewalks.

I walked out of the car and went across the street to purposely walk in the opposite direction, and my friend backs out. The cops then get behind my friend. I walked home. My friend said the cop followed him to his neighborhood, turned his lights on, then sped by him after he pulled over.

WTF was this all about? I guess a neighbor reported us. This destroyed my high.

2. Haha he was screwing with yall.

3. There's a thread for this already braaahh

4. Wow that shit sounded close af indeed! I'm not sure about your area, I feel like I'd need more information to make a definite conclusion but it does sound like either 1) That cop was just fucking with y'all, or 2) Maybe they got a call about some other activity and were just checking you guys out, because that's happened to me several times, where I've ALMOST gotten caught over some bs and it would've only been because my ass was stuck at that spot for some reason!

Plus I'm talking demographics because if you live in a small time like my hometown, population 3, then well he probably knew y'all was smoking that wacky tobacky and wanted to come freak you stoners out!!

Haha happy toking my friend. Treees

5. Yeah this is totally a combination of you guys being stoned and paranoid, acting completely sketchy, and the cop totally recognizing that and fucking with you a bit

6. Agreed, he definitely was.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I really doubt the cop was messing with you guys. I don't understand people that get high on vehicles. It's an easy way to get caught.

8. Let me get this straight.

He turned his lights on, your buddy pulled over, and he sped off with his lights still on?

Sounds like to me that the officer got a call in, and had to move around your stoned-ass friend who was probably shaking in fear.

Don't act so paranoid everytime you see a cop, just leave if you have to.

9. #9 s A t I v A, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
    they know you're high

everyone knows you're high

🐜

10. Quite possibly had his suspicions but your "friend" failed to provide enough clues to establish probable cause to initiate the traffic stop...absent PC, ANYTHING that was discovered as a result of the stop (even a dead body in the trunk and a bloody knife on the floorboard) would be suppressed presuming this is in the States...

11. A bloody knife on the floor board would fall under the plain view doctrine. They wouldn't need the bloody body. The knife would give them probable cause to search and find the body

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_view_doctrine

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. cops are dicks. i know this as fact. i have one as a brother in law. fuckin dbag is what that cock sucker is...

13. Ehh cops don't really care when people smoke weed most times, been caught before awhile ago and they just told me and my buddies to go home since we were toking it in a forest. Shoutout to those cops since I'm still a teen I thought they'd care but I guess now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Your comments make me el oh El

15. 1454033846582.jpg

🐜

16. My cousin was a cop for a while. Guess what one of the favorite pastimes of police officers is.....especially younger cops: Fucking with stoned kids. Unless you live somewhere like Oklahoma or somewhere else where a joint is a fucking felony, no cop worth their salt is gonna waste their time processing your stoner ass and filing all of that paperwork for some kids with a bowl and a small amount of weed. I bet 75-80% of cops are like this. And guess what: Most cops have smoked pot at one point or more in their lives, and know full well what happens in kid's heads when they're stoned and they see a cop. It's just one big fucking joke to most of them. Do yourself a favor though, and smoke responsibly....then you won't have that problem. Don't be out hotboxing in cars and shit. That's just asking for trouble, and if you get in an accident or something, they'll blame the weed and it'll be yet one more statistic against marijuana reform.

17. The plain-view doctrine would only apply in the event that there was probable cause for the stop to have occurred since, otherwise, the knife would NOT have been in plain view. And without PC, the knife never sees the light of day in a criminal proceeding...

But hey, this is only my livelihood...what do I know.

18. They didn't stop the OP. He was stopped and in plain view

19. #19 killset, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
    Wrong thread this guy was stopped. You're not an attorney. We've been thru this. I don't go to the Secretary at my drs office to get a prescription filled.....deflate your head some

20. He didn't say he was stopped by them...I noted that he likely was only followed and not 'lit up' precisely BECAUSE there was no probable cause TO initiate a stop. And a knife on a floorboard is NOT going to be considered to be in plain-view except and unless one is standing at the door of the vehicle.

Go back and re-read your 'wiki' link that even lists as item one that the law enforcement officer has to LEGALLY be at the scene. So, again, no probable cause, no admission of the item.

And yes, post-conviction defense IS my area of expertise. I'm also a qualified defense expert in the areas of parole and corrections, with a resume that includes testifying in murder trials. Granted, I am having more fun right now with getting convictions set aside for warrantless blood draws in the wake of the CCA's decision in Villarreal...amazes me how many agencies continued to try and do them even in the wake of the SCotUS decision in McNeely.

I'm done with the thread.