Omg. Powdery freakin mildew. What now?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growmama, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Got some clones from this dude off craigslist that said his plants were clean.

They were hydro we replanted them in soil. And they died and then came back to life. It was amazing really. They look beautiful. Nice big and bushy. Anyways, we kept them in our "veg room" with a couple other little clones and our clone some. Well, the room got SUPER humid. We had no where else to put the plants because our flowering room was full.

We moved them to flowering room after the harvest and a couple days later BOOM the powdery mildew decided to show its face. I bought some garlic spray from our hydro store and have since treated the plants twice. Seems to be working only today in a completely open separate part of our basement we noticed on a 6 inch clone it had the powdery mildew on it.

Now I'm scared my whole basement is contaminated with this shit. What in the hell do I do to prevent this from happening every single time I grow ? I'm really scared and bummed out.

Please help!

2. small amount of peroxide mixxed with distilled water sprayed on the plants

3. Thank you. Should I bleach the walls and floors and fans and everything? Will it spread everywhere?

4. Any plants that have shared a room with the infected plants are likely infected as well. By the time you see pm it has already systematically infected your plants and those plants will always have pm. The part of pm that you see are the spores, which are the reproductive parts. Bleach or fungicides will kill current spores, but will not stop the problem from reoccurring should conditions become favorable for mold growth again. The only way to get rid of it 100% is to remove any and all plants that are infected or have shared space with infected plants, clean with fungicide, and make sure conditions in the future are non conducive to mold growth. Things like foliage sprays and home remedies like peroxide are only going to treat the symptoms and pm will always be present.

5. Jay719 s info is right on.
    PM is a fact of life in moist climates. Spores get in the room and the RH gives them a sweet place to grow.
    I deal with it constantly cause of where I live but it's easy to control. At first sign, I setup a sulphur pot in the room to run for a couple hours every lights off, and spray the affected areas with PM Wash by NPK Industries (which can safely be used in all growth stages)

6. I had great success with Actinovate. I used it up until harvest outside this summer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk