OMG!!! or haha?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by HBIC124, Apr 5, 2011.

1. I saw this at Home Depot and got excited but there weren't light specs on the package so I didn't purchase it.

Buy a Hampton Bay 18 Ft. LED Rope Light Kit - LED-DL-2W-18'-W-120V at The Home Depot

• Maximum Bulb Wattage : 0.22 W
    • Number of Bulbs Required : 144
    I was thinking it might be a great and inexpensive way to get more light to underside of my plant without adding any heat. The biggest complaint with CFLs seems to be light penetration. Any thoughts on how practical/helpful that would be? Or not worth my money?

2. i would be good if it wasnt white

the spectrum on those would do nothing.

but id try and do it.

the seperate LED lights i have seen people grow with in tupperwares.

3. #3 josephspare21, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
    maybe u can use sum led halloween lights that u hang around outside of house since u can get any color leds :wave:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hell ya i took out an led to see how they r set in there u can probably buy the good leds made for growing and switch them out check it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Good deal! Thanks. That's a good idea.

5. dose any one know if it will work if i take an led out at try and switch it with a growing led?

6. It's going to be a totally different wattage, you will likely ruin the more expensive LEDs (assuming they will fit) and potentially cause a fire. This idea will either be too expensive, risky, or not possible. My advice would be to get some 3-6ft T8's and run them on underside if you want under lighting (run trough upside down).

7. T8's are not a practical addition to my cab. I was just looking for some supplemental light under the canopy, I don't have room for additional heat sources. And the rope would allow the light to be easily manipulated a tube would not.

It seems there isn't enough information available with LED for a definitive answer. :(

8. I have grown with LEDs and I know how much light those strands can put out, and it is 100% a waste of time and money.