OMG Have you ever seen this before?!!?!?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by worstgrower, May 11, 2016.

1. Sorry for the sensationalist title, but no one ever reply on my threads and I need help so I have to get creative ;)

I have a beautiful plant, it is 3 and a half weeks old roughly, it is in a 15 litre pot, with 900w led lights, and canna terra professional.

some small issues with this planet.

The very very bottom leafs (touching the dirt pretty much) have yelloed and died, whilst almost the rest looks lush and green? normal? weird?

also, i've spotted a few tips around the plant are starting to go pale or yellow, so i fed it it's first nutrients last night! i'm not sure how much to water a 15 litre pot tho? so please help!

hopefully it's nothing major, right? i don't have time to fuck up again this my first grow xD

any help appreciated :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sure can i'll be back in 5 minutes, thanks for the reply, they won't be the best quality, or highlight the issue to well but i'll do my best.

3. Please take the photos in normal light not led. And take a few since quili is bad.

Leaves touching dirt is normal to die off. Don't know what you mean by weird, normal, green.

4. Sorry, bad english xD, I meant "The very very bottom leafs (touching the dirt pretty much) have yellowed and died, whilst almost the rest looks lush and green, is this normal? or weird?"

Here are the pics, i'll get more if needed, just wanted to upload these first so you guys can get a good idea.

sorry about the long wait, my internet is fucked i spent this entire time uploading :( i'll get more if you need though lol.

Attached Files:

5. 2nd pic, this is new growth, so it's not as "pale/yellow" as the abve, older leaf, but instaed is just a pale green ,I am suspecting the same issue?

Attached Files:

6. please somone help asap!!! it has gotten wrose, if it a nutrient burn i need to flush i think!, if its deficiency i need to feed! please help!

7. Burned yellow tips usually means Nitrogen toxicity? I dont know how much or what nutes youre using

As for yellow leaves, leaves always fall off and die. No worries

Stoners journey to cannabis

8. Should I flush? or is it at such a light burning that I should just let it use the nutes up?

Also how much water am I meant to use in a 15 litre pot? 15 litres till it runs off? that's the thing i'm getting confused with xD

Thanks for the quick answer man.

9. The issue here is the very tip being yellow can be a lot of things from burn to deficiency

What does it look like now? The biggest indicator is what it looks like beyond just the very tip like in the pics above

10. I will quickly get some more photos!, brb 5 min

11. Ok, realized the new photos don't look much different, but so far it's only on the tips, but when i meant it got worse i meant, a few extra leafs now have a pale/yellow tip.

edit:updated another pic

Attached Files:

12. Check your soil pH. Very important.

13. I don't have a precise PH pen, but I use dye, and I also buy my water starting at 6.5ph so i'm fairly certain it shouldn't be too far out of range,plus it's one month old now and it's only just started now but i used same water whole time?

14. Well one problem could be that most plants (crops besides bud included) grow best between 5.5-6.5. 6 pH is where I keep my soil.

15. yeah I was concerned of that too, but as there is others, not as big, and others older, and others younger, all using the same water and no other issues ,i've ruled it out for now.

The soil i use only has enough nutrients for 3 weeks, so I gave it it's first feed, and a few days later this started happening, the first feed was quite small so i'm not sure if it's deficiency or toxcicity >.<

16. Just only use plain oh water and see if it goes away then it's burn if it gets worse its deficiency. To me it looks like the start of nute burn. test your run off ph also

17. That's a really minor burn man, in a way it's a good thing. It's telling you you have just past your plants max intake but not my much, give it an extra watering between feedings and on the next batch of food you mix mix it like 10% or 20% lighter. If it still burns a little more repeat and mix a little lighter next time. Definitely not bad enough burns to freak out about. That's what i'd do anyway, i'm not a pro.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I got a new thread, where the problem is worse if you can see that one haha xD

but yeah it's still not toooo bad, just want to sortit before it gets worse.

19. hey man, good start. dont trip EVERYONE gets a taste of the nute burn. id flush for a couple days and then
    next time you mix your nutes i would dial it way back from what you were giving her. looks like nitrogen burn
    i usually do like a half tbsp per gal of the ff grow big when they are this young. they will let you know when you need more.