Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Omege 3 Fatty acids truth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BloodLust, Aug 13, 2011.

1. So I went and bought a bag of walnuts (the 3rd highest omega 3 enriched food)

Will this seriously increase my high? If I eat a shit load of walnuts by like 11pm it be in my blood stream? It's 2:10pm

2. Haha unlikely. I haven't heard that Omega 3 potentiates your high, but you should take them anyway because it supports a healthy brain and heart. Oh and just take the capsules unless you really like walnuts

3. It takes around 4-6 weeks for omega 3 supplementation to change the fatty acid composition of the cell membranes.

I'm gonna go with no.

It's a hell of a lot easier to get your epa/dha from fish oil in liquid form as well. 3 tablespoons a day and you've hit your target 2g epa point.

That's compared to around 10 fish oil pills.

4. Hon, here is how it works-

On the surface or "skin" of your cells are chemical receptors that "turn on" when the right chemical attaches itself to a receptor. Now the ones you are interested in are the CB1 receptors- they are the ones that get you high and much more .

When a cell divides, it makes 2 smaller cells than have to grow larger and to do that they need to make more "skin". That involves making new receptors. If you are low in Omega 3, your body will stick in an Omega 6 where you NEED an Omega 3.

The result is that the CB1 receptor isn't made right- there's a small but important piece left flopping free when it needs to be attached. And like a machine, if the pieces aren't put together right, it won't work! :( If you have enough Omega 3, the CB1s are made right. :hello:

After about a month of using Omega 3 supplements, enough good, working CB1s will have been made to begin to affect your high, or start lifting your depression if you have it.

Omega 3 is not an "get-higher instantly" sort of thing. It's an "improve your health and eventually get higher" thing.

If you want a "quick fix", try eating a mango about 45 minutes before you toke! Mangoes and cannabis share some of the same odor-creating chemicals (but NOT THC) and one (Myrcene?) is believed to help THC get into your body faster. Mangoes are yummy and good for you, anyway! :D

Short version- Eating all those walnuts won't get you higher today, but eating some every day for a month might! :smoking: Actual Omega 3 supplements would work better being more concentrated.

Granny :wave:

5. #5 BloodLust, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The truth.

6. wow, that was very scientific. Great piece of info to know.

7. I always know I am going to learn something new when I see a post by Storm Crow. Very good piece of info.